SOLVED

Re: Anyone using Siftrock/Drift to capture event registration via email?

Go to solution
Shane_Rourke2
Level 4

Anyone using Siftrock/Drift to capture event registration via email?

Hello,

I listened to the Operations with Sean Lane podcast (How Drifts Marketing Tead Got 18% Of Its Time Back) and it was mentioned that you could capture registration via an email reply. 

Has anyone tried this? If so, would you mind sharing how you set up in Marketo? I would like to test capturing webinar registration without having to send to a landing page. 

We currently have the Drift integration set up in our Marketo instance. Is the Siftrock integration the same?

Shane Rourke
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

We currently have the Drift integration set up in our Marketo instance. Is the Siftrock integration the same?

Ooh, no, Siftrock is a completely different product from the main/original Drift offering. You can read a lot about the setup tasks here: https://gethelp.drift.com/hc/en-us/sections/360009303914-Drift-Email-Basics. There are general SMTP and DNS setup tasks to coordinate in Marketo, and then the Drift side to plug into the Marketo API.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Ooh, no, Siftrock is a completely different product from the main/original Drift offering. You can read a lot about the setup tasks here: https://gethelp.drift.com/hc/en-us/sections/360009303914-Drift-Email-Basics. There are general SMTP and DNS setup tasks to coordinate in Marketo, and then the Drift side to plug into the Marketo API.

Shane_Rourke2
Level 4

Thanks Sanford. 

I will reach out to our rep and see the Siftrock portion is included. 

I would still love to hear if anyone else has used the event reply signup and how you liked it. Any tips or tricks?

Shane Rourke
Michael_Florin
Level 10

As Sanford already indicated, Siftrock and Drift Email Bot are two very different things.

Siftrock as your overall email response handler can copy the body of an email response to Marketo and from there you could run Smart Campaign filters. If e.g. you send an email that says "If you want to register, just reply with "yes"", you might run a Smart Campaign that say: If Siftrock Email Body contains "yes", set Program Status to Registered". 

We do similar things with our Siftrock integration to enable "conversational marketing". Works nice, but there are no AI features involved.

Compare that to the Drift Webinar Bot: https://gethelp.drift.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024352973-How-to-Use-Bots-to-Register-Your-Webinar-Re...

Very different overall setup. You create your flow steps within Drift and from there the machine can understand if a person makes a positive or a negative response. I haven't tested it personally as it doesn't really work with our overall Siftrock setup of email reply domains and the like, but I have heard good things about it.

Shane_Rourke2
Level 4

Thanks @Michael_Florin! I will speak with our Drift rep.

Shane Rourke
TraceyBartz
Level 2

Hey Shane - we recently implemented this in our instance and I'd be happy to chat with you if you have any questions. 

Shane_Rourke2
Level 4

Hi @TraceyBartz, are you specifically using the email chat bot feature? I would love to meet if you still have time. 

Shane Rourke