Re: Administration is the key(bunch)

Vikram_Ramesh
Marketo Employee

I am learning that, dealing with redundant fields are a pain point for many. Either reuse them or deleting them should be the ideal way to deal with. I am just analysing repercussions (if any) in deleting as well as renaming an existing field. 

Also on the export, that's a nice suggestion. Seems fairly straight forward too. 

Thanks again Maria for these inputs  I really appreciate it!

Regards,

Vikram R

Vikram Ramesh
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Another function that could really use some cleanup/improvement is Webhooks. Some nice-to-haves:

1. When I save changes to a webhook, it reloads the first webhook in the list (they're in alphabetical order) rather than the webhook I was working on. This has caused me to accidentally overwrite that webhook by mistake.
  2. Drafts and version control. When #1 (see above) happens, I can't just click a button to undo the mistake. Unless I had saved attributes of the webhook somewhere else (in a text file or something), I would have to rebuild it. It makes for a huge pain.
  3. For larger companies, I can only assume they end up with a lot of webhooks. It would be nice to be able to create a folder structure.
Maria_Karlsson1
Level 2

I agree with this comment as same thing almost happened to me a few times, we have quite a few webhooks and some names very similar so you don't always realise it loads the top webhook after saving.

Maria Karlsson
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

try 

SFDC Sync Support Tools for Marketo

https://app-abc.marketo.com/supportTools/index

[pod-name.marketo.com/supportTools/index]

to see your current queue stats. You can also ask support for more info if you are experiencing huge delays.

We timestamp Marketo Entry and SFDF Created to see how long it takes.

Grant_Booth
Level 10

I use those all the time! But it's a little bit of a secret that those tools exist, and I suspect Marketo would want to make them a little more user-friendly before advertising them very much

Amy_Goldfine

I very much appreciate all the controls in Admin! A couple issues:

Audit trail is really an unfriendly UI. It's very clunky, it's hard to pick from the dropdowns, and it's often hard to decipher what actually changed.

My #1 issue is that Field details can only be seen by Admins! I have plenty of people doing building (consultants, email marketers) who occasionally want to look at fields to see what SFDC fields they're synced to, what type they are, where they're used, etc., but they can't because it's only available to Admins! It's also frustrating that "field mapping" tab doesn't update after initial integration. Also agree with above on renaming and deleting fields.

I would love for there to be a real-time Notification if an API connection breaks in LaunchPoint. I make it a point to check Launchpoint every day because there is one particular connection (GoToWebinar) that has been unstable, and I only find out when there is a flood of registration errors.

I am happy to get on a call to do a deep dive with you to discuss more!

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Vikram_Ramesh
Marketo Employee

Thanks a ton Amy, for explaining your concerns with such clarity

On the Audit Trail, I need to do some homework. It'd involve some of our UX engineers to help me with some designs. In the meantime, I would like to know more if you have some pointers. 

On sharing the Field Mapping information, I think we could come up with something where information could be shared securely with people on a need-to-know basis. 
On LaunchPoint, I need more details on the type of notification that you'd like to receive. And also, is GoToWebinar the only service that breaks frequently or other ones too?

I am eager to discuss more on these topics. Please let me know when is the best time and means to reach out to you. 

Really appreciate your effort in collating your concerns!

Regards,

Vikram R

Vikram Ramesh
Amy_Goldfine

Hi Vikram,

Audit Trail: It's hard to articulate the frustrations with Audit Trail. I recommend logging into an instance's Audit Trail and try to pull some reports. I don't think it needs a complete design overhaul, probably just fixing some bugs in the way picklists are displayed and how it scales/resizes/etc.

Launchpoint: GoToWebinar is the only one that breaks frequently, but when it does, it's a disaster. However I don't believe there is a notification for service expirations (e.g. LinkedIn Lead Gen needs to be authenticated after a year), which would be very helpful. 

I will "follow" you, follow me back and I can give you my email address to schedule a meeting.

Thanks,

Amy

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Meg_Stout
Level 2

Seconding the audit trail issues. We use the audit trail frequently for troubleshooting and are very glad to have it, but the filters are buggy and don't always work as expected. 

Grant_Booth
Level 10

I made a special role that only includes Field Management and gave it to a couple of users, with very specific instructions not to edit anything. But View Field Management v. Edit Field Management permission would be nice to have.