Re: Adding a new send email address: Do I also need to add a new brand domain?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding a new send email address: Do I also need to add a new brand domain?

Hi! We would like to add a new send email address (one that we have not used before) to send an email from Marketo.

Can we simply type the email address in the From Name when we send our email, or do we need to add it as an additional Branding Domain?

Thanks in advance!

Edit/Update: On the same note, I'm also curious what best practices would be for creating a preference center when you have multiple brands? Would you typically just have one generic preference center that could be used across all brands, or would you create multiple preference centers that are specific to the brand? And if you're creating multiple preference centers, how would you go about editing the email templates' preference center links so that they are specific to the brand/audience receiving the email?

7 REPLIES 7
Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Adding a new send email address

HI Katie,

You can just type the email into the box.  Are you using a completely different domain? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding a new send email address

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for responding so quickly! Yes, it will be a completely different domain.

Josh_Hill13

new domains require an update to SPF/DKIM and DNS to ensure Marketo is authorized to send for that domain.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - once my SPF/DKIM has been set up, what are next steps?  Can i simply start using my new domain by updating the from name & email address? 

Josh_Hill13

yes.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Making the branding domain in the same domain as the sender will only slightly improve your deliverability.

On another end, what's really important for setting up cookies and streamlining tracking is that the branding domain is the same as the webpages and/or landing pages the visitor will be redirected to after clicking.

Best regards,

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

On another end, what's really important for setting up cookies and streamlining tracking is that the branding domain is the same as the webpages and/or landing pages the visitor will be redirected to after clicking.

Not really though. The branding domain doesn't set or read cookies.

I'd advise having the branding domain be unique to the originating entity/subsidiary/client to eliminate collateral damage from blacklisting. That is, it doesn't matter if the branding domain matches the From:. But if your exampleA.com is on a URIBL, then it sure matters that you use go.exampleB.com in emails from Company B.