SOLVED

Re: Acquisition Program Name and Date Not Automatically Set

Go to solution
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The qualification rules within the Schedule tab applies to people qualifying for that specific smart campaign - not for activity based engagement like filling out a form again.  I would do another test.  But before you do that, clear your cookies and test in incognito mode using a unique test email address not in Marketo.

James_Zolinski
Level 4

I’ve cleared the cookies, opened a new incognito and used a completely random email, and still nothing. I even signed up using my phone, completely random email and still nothing. One thing I did notice in the activity log is with the random email I used is one of the last activities is “Change Data Value” it says Skipped “Do Nothing” was set for this choice. Is that right. According to the flow, I would think something would happen.

It seems like I did the exact same thing you did, but am missing something, is that right? Would this have anything to do with hidden fields on the form?

James Zolinski

Marketing Operations Manager

Direct: 602-601-5833

Email: james@helpinc.us<mailto:james@helpinc.us>

Web: www.helpinc.us<http://www.helpinc.us/>

Dan_Stevens_

I figured out your issue.  You are not using the "is empty" evaluator.  You have "IS" as the evaluator and "EMPTY" as the value name.  It should look like this:

pastedImage_1.png

James_Zolinski
Level 4

OMG, I can’t believe that, thank you so much Dan for your help. I was wondering why my CDV flow looked a little different from yours with the extra field, and that explains it. If only I would have scrolled down farther I would have seen “is empty”.

I tested it and it worked.

If I understand this correct, the way I had, the system was looking for APN with the name “Empty” as the APN vs looking for APN fields that are empty. So in the future, the “is”, is best used to find specific AP’s, account number, person status, and then assign a new value to, correct?

Thanks again so much Dan!

Dan_Stevens_

That’s correct, James. I suppose “NULL” may have worked - but definitely not “empty”.  Always use ”Is Empty” if that option is available (to test for empty values).

James_Zolinski
Level 4

One last question for you Dan. It was mentioned previously by Seanin this thread that the since the AD date/time is automatically generated, a CDV for AD is not necessary, as opposed to how your flow does include a CDV for AD. Is that true and should I remove that from my flow?

Dan_Stevens_

I didn't include AD in my example above.  And that's right, any time AP program is defined, Marketo will automatically put the current datetime in the AD field.  No need to include it as a CDV flow step.

Sean_Richards
Level 5

Also Dan shared earlier that you don't need to set the AP Date, this happens automatically when the AP Name is updated via the AP proxy field.

Sean Richards
JTNT
Level 1

Would it make sense to set this at a "master level" instead of the program level? The only downside I see is if there is no program for campaigns.  Smart ListSmart ListFlowFlow

Amy_Goldfine

You need to do it at the program level. Smart campaigns use the tokens from the campaign they're triggered in.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor