SOLVED

Account Score without using Marketo addon

Go to solution
Andreia_Norsa
Level 4

Account Score without using Marketo addon

Hi, anyone could help me with the business case below?

"I want to score an "account" based on contact engagements and notify the account owner when a threshold is reached. The target will be customized based on a region where I can use Marketo's segmentation."  

Do you have any ideas on how to solve this without Marketo's Target Account Management addon?

Thanks. 

Andréia 

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Account Score without using Marketo addon

Maintaining a central score at the Account level isn't natively supported without the Target Account Management (TAM) add-on! However, as an alternative solution, you can create a webhook-compatible service that manages a centralized counter for companies (each individual can be sent to the webhook when their score increases). Subsequently, when the score surpasses the designated threshold, the service can call back and invoke the Marketo Request Campaign API, sending the lead IDs of people for whom alert emails should be sent to the account owners. You would want to make sure that you don't make too many webhook calls per day; there's no hard limit as such (it depends on the response times). It should be fine if you keep calls below 40–50k/day.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Maintaining a central score at the Account level isn't natively supported without the Target Account Management (TAM) add-on! However, as an alternative solution, you can create a webhook-compatible service that manages a centralized counter for companies (each individual can be sent to the webhook when their score increases). Subsequently, when the score surpasses the designated threshold, the service can call back and invoke the Marketo Request Campaign API, sending the lead IDs of people for whom alert emails should be sent to the account owners. You would want to make sure that you don't make too many webhook calls per day; there's no hard limit as such (it depends on the response times). It should be fine if you keep calls below 40–50k/day.

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Andreia_Norsa , to extend on @Darshil_Shah1's comments below, FlowBoost could handle this easily.  

I'd do something like this:

1. When a contact's score changes call FlowBoost webhook with the contact's score and account ID.
  2. In FlowBoost:
    1. retrieve the score from the account, increment it, and write it back to the account (for persistence).
    2. If the account score has reached a key threshold the request the relevant notification campaign.

There are other ways the score could be persisted, but this approach means the data is potentially available back in the CRM as well as Marketo.

Cheers

Jo