Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Zoe Forman] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

canneberg
Level 3

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Zoe Forman] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

@kami - Yeah that all makes sense! Interesting thing to test and see how it functions.

Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi @canneberg  and @kami 

I'm back! just catching up on the last quiz submissions and threads.

Regarding Competitors - what  Kami has shown is one way but relies on you knowing Ip addresses, as with Marketo there is always an alternative.

As a global company we have competitors that can be global or local, but we have one SEGMENTATION set up for all competitors.

Any segmentation (filter) is only as good as the data added. We use both Company Name and email domain in the SEGMENTATION.

For Company name using "contains" and include all variations of the company name including global, national and local variations (includes town, local spelling, all variations including abbreviations ).

For email address use @ and the email domains used.

Segmentation is more robust than a smart list and you can continuously add to the lists to keep the lists up to date, as new competitors are known or appear with a different name. Every quarter is a good cadence. Also work closely with your CRM team and ask they share known competitors to add to the Marketo Segmentation. 

You can also layer up Segmentation, for example adding regions/countries/business units to include all or exclude a few.

If competitors really want your information they will find a way - often using personal emails instead of business emails (used to exclude in segmentation).

You can exclude generic email addresses (yahoo, gmail, hotmail, me etc) with Smart lists or even as a Segmentation in itself.

@canneberg  try both ways and see what is best for your company and database.

Thanks for the question and answers - great cohort collaboration

kami
Level 4

@Zoe_Forman 

How do you Merge a smart list and a static list so that they show in one report or list?

Use Case: 

Sponsorship Event where we collected peoples sign-up for a raffle via business card drop and via QR code to Marketo Landing page. I want to be able to send out a report to all my sales reps with the full list of contacts gathered from both methods.

Thanks,

Kami

Zoe_Forman

Hey @kami 

The simplest way would be to create a new Smart list and have it look at member of List (static) and Member of Smart List - then you have all leads in one place. Then export as CSV file and send to sales team. 

You could  add additional filters if you want to exclude or focus on specific leads - say from a specific state/region or a sales rep but you can do this in the excel file.

Thanks, Zoe 

Zoe_Forman

Hi all, I'm back online after a few days holiday in Cornwall, SW UK.

Rather than a quiz this weekend here is the link to the Adobe Marketo Practise test

You can run through this test a few times to understand how questions are written, then when you are ready you can dive into the real exam.

If you haven't bought your exam you can get 50% off and exam voucher.

In the coming week I will be reviewing the quizzes, questions/answers in my Mentor thread and one of you will get a 100% free exam voucher - if you have already purchased you will be refunded or can use the credit for the Marketo Expert exam which follows on after the Practitioner exam.

Fill out the following Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 | Exam Voucher : https://forms.office.com/r/M0QZUCbAKG. 

If you are nominated or qualify, you will receive your voucher discount code via email by the end of this month. Please be sure to apply your voucher code in the β€œVoucher Code” field when scheduling your exam! Exam vouchers are set to expire 1 month after the end of the program on Friday, July 26th.

Given the above details, we recommend you schedule your exams in mid- to late-July. While there is no specific timeline to schedule your exam, please keep the voucher expiration date in mind. Login to the Credential Management Portal, click the β€œSchedule/Modify Exam Appointment” button, and sign up for your certification exam! 

Thanks to all of you for your contributions and being part of the inaugral Marketo Mentor Program, I've really enjoyed your engagement, questions and how you have supported each other.

Best of luck with your exams, this is the start of a great Marketo Marketing Adventure and your journey doesn't stop here, feel free to continue to ask me questions via this thread, direct message or LinkedIn.

Zoe 

1. @solson2 
  2. @matherstone 
  3. @Ranakaren18 
  4. @Clayosa 
  5. @kami 
  6. @Sandeepkumar2 
  7. @canneberg 

@Jon_Chen

kami
Level 4

Hi @Zoe_Forman ,

Welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful holiday in Cornwall.

Thank you for sharing the Adobe Marketo Practice test link. This is incredibly helpful as we prepare for the certification exam. I appreciate the opportunity to run through the test multiple times to get a feel for the question formats.

Thank you for all your guidance and for fostering such an engaging and supportive community. I feel better-prepared and excited to continue this Marketo Marketing Adventure.

Best regards,
Kami Nelson

kami
Level 4

@Jon_Chen 
Hey Jon,

When and how will we received the 50% off vouchers?

Thanks,

Kami Nelson