🗣️ [Mentor Vaitheshwari Selvam] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

🗣️ [Mentor Vaitheshwari Selvam] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Community, 

Welcome to the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Vaitheshwari Selvam (@vaitheshwari_s) who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Marketo Engage questions as you prepare for your Adobe Marketo Engage Architect Master (AD0-E560) exam, through to the end of the program.  

Aspirants mapped to @vaitheshwari / @vaitheshwari_s 

1. @Kristof 
  2. @GautamKK 
  3. @gergana 
  4. @saurabhmce 
  5. @Svetlana 
  6. @Kumaresh1 
  7. @Niharika 
  8. @sam_berger 

How to Participate  

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Marketo Engage Certification during the duration of the program: May 17th , 2024 – June 21st, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor Vaitheshwari, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  
  3. You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate!  

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants: 

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants. 
  • Like this thread to confirm your participation in the program 
  • Introduce yourself to Vaitheshwari and your Aspirant peers by replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Marketo Engage 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Marketo Engage Architect Master (AD0-E560) certification
  • Test your Marketo Engage knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs! 
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Marketo Engage Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts! 

Quick links  

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!  

Cheers,  

Jon 

44 REPLIES 44
gergana
Level 3

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Vaitheshwari Selvam] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi everyone,

My name is Gergana, and I'm excited to be part of this mentorship program! I live in Milan, Italy, and I have over 8 years of experience in marketing automation (Marketo and Salesforce Marketing Cloud), both as a practitioner and admin. Currently, I work for The Adecco Group.

I'm aiming to take both the Business Practitioner Exam and the Architect Master Exam. It might be a bit ambitious, but I'm looking forward to the challenge and the opportunity to learn and grow with all of you.

Looking forward to collaborating and learning from @vaitheshwari and all of my fellow aspirants.

Warm regards,

Gergana

Tags (1)
gergana
Level 3

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Vaitheshwari Selvam] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi @vaitheshwari

I am glad to be in this CT 🙂 Could you provide some guidance on which areas are the most challenging and on which we should focus when preparing for the exam? Even though we may have varying levels of existing Marketo knowledge and skills, I imagine there are certain concepts, features or use cases that most people struggle with to some degree when studying for this certification. Could you highlight a few of those areas that you think it's critical for all of us to focus extra study time and attention on? Any specific tips on how to master those trickier topics?

Personally, I'm concerned about the Revenue Cycle Modeler section, as we haven't used it in my company yet. However, with an upcoming Marketo instance change and some internal process updates, this will be both a challenge and an opportunity for me to dive in and set it up from scratch.

@My fellow aspirants (
@Kristof, @GautamKK@saurabhmce@Svetlana@Kumaresh1, @Niharika, @sam_berger), what are the areas you think you struggle the most with when it comes to Marketo?

I think it would be incredibly valuable for all of us to get your perspective on the most common pain points and pitfalls to watch out for. That way we can proactively shore up our weaknesses and make the most efficient use of our limited study time over the next month.

Looking forward to learning from you and my peers in this program. 

Kristof
Level 4

Thanks @gergana, I agree completely ✌️ 

From my end, I would like to walk through the main-broader areas of the Master exam, such as: API, revenue modelling, lead lifecycle, multi-touch attribution, advanced reporting, instance health & management, etc. 

I'm going step by step through the exam prep guide, and for example at the moment a key question for me is: to which extent do we need to be familiar with the REST API? How broad our knowledge needs to be for the exam? @vaitheshwari, any thoughts on this please?

Cheers,
K

vaitheshwari_s
Level 2

Hi @Kristof  @Svetlana ,

I hope you are preparing for the Adobe Marketo Engage Architect Master exam. Currently, I am doing a deep dive into RCM and Velocity Script. I will come back with tips, notes, and questions as soon as possible.

If you have any notes or questions, please post them here to help everyone.

Thank you!

Vaitheshwari selvam

Kristof
Level 4

Sounds great, thanks @vaitheshwari_s and good to hear from you 🙂

Yes, I'm going through the master exam prep guide, topic by topic. 

Will be reaching out with any questions or unclarities within this group thread on the way, cheers.

Svetlana
Level 2

Hi @gergana  

We are using Revenue Models right know in the company (3 currently for different audiences) and the best tip I have here is - transferring between stages needs to be set in smart campaigns not in the revenue model itself, but in Default program within Marketing activties. 

My personal painpoints are REST API and Email Scripts - by documentation both of them seem not hard, but i never did it myself from scratch. 

All the best,

Sveta

gergana
Level 3

Hi @Svetlana,

thank you very much for the tip! 
REST API is a pain point for me too 🙂
Regarding the scripting, besides the documentation, you can also find some useful resources in this thread. Regarding the script tokens, my tip is to remember to flag the fields that are used in the script in the right "menu" once opened the editor. Otherwise the script won't work. It's a small step, but often overlooked, and essential for the script to function properly. 🙂

Best,

Gergana

vaitheshwari_s
Level 2

Hi @gergana ,

Please prepare for the Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert exam by focusing first on the topic of "Marketing Activities/Campaign Management."

Refer to the link below to learn about Marketo core concepts. If you have any questions while learning, please reach out to us. Try to complete your study by Monday. After that, I will share some questions on this topic to test your knowledge.

Understanding Smart Campaigns - Marketo Core Concepts

Thank you!

Vaitheshwari Selvam

Kristof
Level 4

Hi All,

it is great to be a part of this program and I'm looking forward to collaborate and exchange ideas & knowledge with all of you! 

A few words of intro from my side. I'm Kristof, based in Warsaw, Poland. I have been using Marketo for almost 10 years now. In the last few years I have been focusing more on marketing operations and contact data management, and I love marketing automation in general. Currently working at QAD company that offers software solutions for manufacturing & supply chain industries. I was always working with B2B industries and audiences.

It is nice that this group is a small container of a few of us, so that it creates a closer space for interactions.

Looking forward to our discussions in these next few weeks and onwards 🙂

Best,
Kris