Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Kevin McMahon] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Kevin McMahon] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Community, 

Welcome to the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Kevin McMahon (@Kevin_McMahon1) who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Marketo Engage questions as you prepare for your Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (AD0-E559) exam, through to the end of the program.  

Aspirants mapped to@Kevin_McMahon1

1. @Diana-Gilman 
  2. @rkale 
  3. @ReshmaSnowflake 
  4. @CatalinaP 
  5. @Abhi1405 
  6. @BradenColeman 

How to Participate  

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Marketo Engage Certification during the duration of the program: May 17th , 2024 – June 21st, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor Kevin, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  
  3. You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate!  

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants: 

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants. 
  • Like this thread to confirm your participation in the program 
  • Introduce yourself to Kevin and your Aspirant peers by replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Marketo Engage 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (AD0-E559) certification
  • Test your Marketo Engage knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs! 
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Marketo Engage Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts! 

Quick links  

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!  

Cheers,  

Jon 

7 REPLIES 7
ReshmaSnowflake
Level 1

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Kevin McMahon] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Everyone!

Hope you are enjoying the sunny long weekend. I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been working in Marketing Operations for over 15 years and absolutely love this space. I currently work at Snowflake as the Marketing Events and Technology Manager. I am looking forward to working with everyone.

Best,

Reshma

CatalinaP
Level 3

Hi everyone! I'm really excited to be part of this mentorship group! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you, learning from your experiences, and sharing ideas. Let's make the most of this journey together!

Abhi1405
Level 1

Hello Kevin,

Nice to meet you. I am based out of Florida and I am working for Dayforce as a Marketing Automation Consultant.

Thanks,
Abhishek Contractor

BradenColeman
Level 2

Hey all!
I'm located in Southern Idaho, work for Lucid Software(Lucidchart, Lucidspark) based out of Salt Lake City, UT.
I've been here for almost 2.5 years, been in Marketo the same amount of time.
I'm an Assoc. Marketing Ops Manager = I run all of our campaign operations and run all of MOPs for our Education team.

Recently completed my MKTO Practitioner exam so thrilled to work towards the Expert exam!

BradenColeman
Level 2

I've realized I don't ever deal with APIs so I'm reviewing these videos.
I took his original Marketo course. Thought they might help others!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzm3sKdKWZEWayI2L-yD8wKzwH_QuqYEE

CatalinaP
Level 3

Thank you for sharing this!

In my experience as a Marketo Admin or Solution Architect, it is very important to understand the role of APIs in the overall process.

In the instance I manage, we are utilizing REST APIs to allow upstream services to send and retrieve data to and from Marketo, to access or update custom activites / custom objects. 

Here are some key points about how Marketo interacts with other APIs:

Webhooks: Marketo can use webhooks to send data to external systems. This allows real-time data transfer based on triggers within Marketo.

https://developers.marketo.com/webhooks/ 

They can be used to push lead information, campaign results, or any other data from Marketo to another system.

How Webhooks Work

Setup: You configure webhooks in Marketo by specifying a URL endpoint to which the data should be sent.

Trigger: Webhooks are triggered by specific events or actions in Marketo, such as form submissions, lead updates, or campaign actions.

Data Transfer: When triggered, Marketo sends an HTTP POST request to the specified URL with the data payload.

Example Use Cases

CRM Integration: Send lead data to a CRM system whenever a lead is created or updated in Marketo.

Notification Systems: Notify an external system or service (e.g., Slack, Microsoft Teams) when certain events occur in Marketo.

Custom Processing: Trigger custom workflows or data processing in external applications.

SelfService Flow Step - a framework and set of features for authoring, publishing, and integrating web services into Adobe Marketo Engage Smart Campaigns. - https://nation.marketo.com/t5/employee-blogs/things-to-know-about-self-service-flow-step-ssfs/ba-p/3...

REST API: Marketo's REST API allows external systems to interact with Marketo. This includes creating and updating leads, managing campaigns, and retrieving analytics data.

https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/

End Points: Marketo's REST API has endpoints for various operations such as lead management, campaign management, and activity tracking.

Usage: External systems can call these endpoints to create, update, delete, or retrieve data in Marketo.

SOAP API: Marketo also offers a SOAP API, which can be used for similar purposes as the REST API but is particularly useful for legacy systems that require SOAP-based integration. The SOAP API is no longer under active development, however the calls still function, but the development is focused on REST going forward.

https://developers.marketo.com/soap-api/

End Points: Similar to the REST API, but uses SOAP protocol.

Usage: Useful for legacy systems or environments where SOAP is preferred.

Third-Party Integrations: Many third-party services and platforms offer pre-built integrations with Marketo, which typically rely on API interactions to synchronize data and automate workflows.

Custom Integrations: Organizations can develop custom integrations using Marketo's APIs to meet specific business requirements, such as integrating with custom CRM systems, e-commerce platforms, or other marketing tools.

BradenColeman
Level 2

@CatalinaP this is wonderful, thank you! I'll review this, this week