SOLVED

Marketo Measure and Marketo sync

Go to solution
danielcevans
Level 1

Marketo Measure and Marketo sync

When syncing Marketo and Marketo Measure together, is it best practice to create rules to filter out any online programs running in Marketo? In an ideal implementation, should all the online touchpoints be generated by the Marketo Measure javascript, ad integrations, or UTM parameters? 

If we sync our online programs in Marketo with Marketo Measure, is there a chance that duplicated touchpoints will be created? Say for example, we are running a paid facebook campaign and we have the Facebook ads integration connected in Marketo Measure. If someone fills out the form in facebook, that person then gets created in Marketo and enters the program in Marketo. If that program is also synced to Marketo Measure, is there a possibility of duplicate touchpoints occurring for that lead/person? One for the form fill on facebook and one for the marketo program?

Not sure if it is best practice to ONLY sync offline programs from marketo to marketo measure. 

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Marketo Measure and Marketo sync

Yes, you'd have duplicate touchpoint records if you're creating online touchpoints via the Marketo integration (Programs/Activities) too along with the MM JS deployed on your website which is already touchpoints for the online interactions directly. It's always best to leave it up to MM JS to create all the online touchpoints as it does so quite efficiently on its own w/o you having to create any touchpoint creation rules unlike in the case of creating touchpoints via Marketo program/activities. Hope this answers your question. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1

Yes, you'd have duplicate touchpoint records if you're creating online touchpoints via the Marketo integration (Programs/Activities) too along with the MM JS deployed on your website which is already touchpoints for the online interactions directly. It's always best to leave it up to MM JS to create all the online touchpoints as it does so quite efficiently on its own w/o you having to create any touchpoint creation rules unlike in the case of creating touchpoints via Marketo program/activities. Hope this answers your question. 🙂

danielcevans
Level 1

Thanks so much for getting back to me @Darshil_Shah1 🙂 
In my current marketo measure instance, I have both Marketo and Salesforce synced with Marketo Measure. I have set up the offline touchpoints to be captured by campaigns in Salesforce by enabling bizible touchpoints on the relevant offline campaigns. If all of the online touchpoints should be captured by MM JS/ad integrations/UTM parameters, is there any need to sync Marketo with Marketo Measure? Could I just disable that sync altogether? 

Darshil_Shah1

Yes, as long as you the MM JS on your web assets, integrated ad partners, and online channels set up and approved in the MM, you should be good to remove the custom CRM campaign touchpoint generation rules in the MM.

Pavel_Plachky2
Level 1

Hi @Darshil_Shah1 if the lead is created by a form on Facebook (not Marketo form) then the MM JS would not record a touchpoint, would it? Would MM be able to record a touchpoint without creating a program or salesforce campaign member record?