๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Alex Phi] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

alludoalex
Level 4

Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Alex Phi] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

Yes, that's right, They're low cost, lowest accountable resources, and implicitly - fast to deploy.

alludoalex
Level 4

Re: ๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ [Mentor Alex Phi] ๐ŸŒŸ Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 ๐ŸŒŸ

Quiz time!

Reply with your answers. Feel free to discuss why and review each other's responses. 

1 - In supporting and managing a team, if assistance is needed, a leader should intervene immediately: 
A - True

B - False

2 - SaaSy Corp needs to revise its scoring model. Which group below is most accurate in who should be involved in decision-making on scored behaviors?
A - CMO, CRM Admin, Web Developer, and Marketing Analytics

B - CMO, Sales Team Representative, Web Developer, and Marketing Operations 

C - CIO, Sales Team Representative, Web Developer, and Marketing Operations

D - CMO, Marketing Operations, CRM Admin, and Sales Team Representative

@ychavan 

@maddie_vararu_n 

@DebraGotelli1 

@Elizabeth_Robic 

@KBHemler 

@AkshataPriori 

@ajnav 

@nmillar 

@derelict_wombat 

Will post answers after everyone has had time to answer.

derelict_wombat
Level 4

@alludoalex  Do you want us to post answers directly here? 

alludoalex
Level 4

Yes, that would be great.

derelict_wombat
Level 4

Question 1

True (although i feel this question is missing some context and depends on the organization...but i have to choose at least one of them ๐Ÿ˜)

Question 2

- Option D

ajnav
Level 2

My gut says D but at my org we included the web dev for browsing activity so I took a chance. I think your answer is right though! 

ajnav
Level 2

1. Yes
2.  B

๐Ÿ™‚ 

Elizabeth_Robic
Level 3

1 - In supporting and managing a team, if assistance is needed, a leader should intervene immediately: 

A - True

Assumption being this is following agreed escalation procedures and aligns with team culture. No one likes to be micromanaged.

2 - SaaSy Corp needs to revise its scoring model. Which group below is most accurate in who should be involved in decision-making on scored behaviors?

D - CMO, Marketing Operations, CRM Admin, and Sales Team Representative

Decision-making versus execution caused me to pause. In my orgs, CRM admins have been closer to pipeline and lifecycle data than web developers. B (CMO, Sales Team Representative, Web Developer, and Marketing Operations) would be my second choice.

alludoalex
Level 4

Answer time - 

1 - The answer is actually False! The advice is that the leader should ask for permission before intervening. It's a tricky one! 

A good point for discussion is why - share your thoughts on this! 

2 - Answer for this one is D! Most of you got this one right. Organizations do vary though, with different stakeholders having expertise.

From a standpoint of which is *most* correct though. The general centers of knowledge required are your Marketing/Ops and Sales teams. Feedback for the given mix of stakeholders could be something like:

A: Lacks input from sales 

B: CRM Admin is more relevant than Web Dev. (Assume they have greater knowledge of sales funnel, cycle) 
C: CMO is more relevant than CIO. (This is funnel-based, we're not acquiring platforms)

๐Ÿ˜ง Has marketing leadership, marketing and sales process stakeholders, and sales representation. This group would have a holistic perspective on the funnel, qualitative data and anecdotal insight about past deals and opportunities, and understand the implications of marketing automations and attributes as leads move through the funnel.

derelict_wombat
Level 4

For Question 1 - I was thinking about it in the context of a migration or other time sensitive topic , thus I went with "True".  But I very much feel like it could go the other way in other scenarios(day to day tasks, etc). It also completely depends on the organization and the maturity of the overall team.  I've worked with teams that work very well independently and are empowered to "solve issues" themselves.  But I've also worked with teams where its the opposite and they need a lot of hand holding.   So while I agree that its generally "best" if the leader asks permission to step in to help its not always the right answer depending on the context. 

Would love to hear others thoughts on this one.