🗣️ [Mentor Alex Phi] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

🗣️ [Mentor Alex Phi] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Community, 

Welcome to the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Alex Phi (@alludoalex) who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Marketo Engage questions as you prepare for your Adobe Marketo Engage Architect Master (AD0-E560) exam, through to the end of the program.  

A little bit about your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Alex:

AlexPhi.jpg

Alex is a Sr. Marketing Platform Engineer at Alludo. He is a 2-time certified Adobe Business Practitioner Expert, 1-time certified Architect Master, and also holds a PMP certification.

Aspirants mapped to @alludoalex

1. @ychavan 
  2. @maddie_vararu_n 
  3. @DebraGotelli1 
  4. @Elizabeth_Robic 
  5. @KBHemler 
  6. @AkshataPriori 
  7. @ajnav 
  8. @nmillar 
  9. @derelict_wombat 

How to Participate  

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Marketo Engage Certification during the duration of the program: May 17th , 2024 – June 21st, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor Alex, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  
  3. You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate!  

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants: 

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants. 
  • Like this thread to confirm your participation in the program 
  • Introduce yourself to Alex and your Aspirant peers by replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Marketo Engage 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Marketo Engage Architect Master (AD0-E560) certification
  • Test your Marketo Engage knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs! 
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Marketo Engage Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts! 

Quick links  

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!  

Cheers,  

Jon 

62 REPLIES 62
Elizabeth_Robic
Level 3

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Alex Phi] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello all! 

I'm excited for the push to finally take on the architect certification. During this mentorship cohort, I'm also a mentor for a a group taking on the professional level Marketo certification.  

I've been a Marketo admin since 2014 and a 3x MCE as well as a former MUG leader. Based in Toronto, Canada, I've spent my entire career in B2B and currently lead marketing marketing operations at Fiix by Rockwell Automation.

alludoalex
Level 4

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Alex Phi] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Nice to meet you Elizabeth! As a former MUG leader, I'm sure your questions will be tough!

AkshataPriori
Level 2

Hey All,

I'm Akshat and i'm so excited to be a part of this cohort to gain the coveted Architect exam . I'm a 2X Marketo certified(MCP & MCE) professional with over 8 years(12 years of Marketing experience overall) of working in the marketo domain for various organizations like Wipro, 6sense and most recently aPriori Technologies. I think Marketo has been the best thing that has happened to me professionally and has helped me seen an important member of the RevOps teams across organizations. 

Special thanks to @alludoalex  & @Elizabeth_Robic  for taking us under their umbrella to achieve the MCA and learn from the best in the business. Looking forward to experience.

Akshat

alludoalex
Level 4

Hi Akshata - it's great to meet you!

DebraGotelli1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Happy to be involved in the mentorship program. I began working in SFDC and Pardot in 2008. After moving to San Diego, I worked in Marketo for the first time in 2015. I ran the Pardot platform twice more, and migrated one of them to Marketo. Today I'm back to Marketo and have a professional and expert certification. I'm anxious to learn more and keep using Marketo.

alludoalex
Level 4

Hi Debra, I also had a short stint with Pardot. Glad to have you back in purple!

alludoalex
Level 4

Hi all, happy to have you in the group - I'll be in the unique position of re-taking the exam along with you for my recertification. After completion, I'll be 3x MCE and 2x Marketo Architect Master certified. 

I've spent close to 10 years as a Marketo practitioner both agency and in-house, largely supporting SaaS enterprises in both B2B and B2C organizations. As you can imagine, one common issue most organizations have is the never ending struggle with their data.

I've worked through numerous migrations to and from Marketo, with databases of all sizes. Marketo is a huge tool, and though I've worked in so many areas of the platform I have a deep respect for it in acknowledging I may never touch it all. That being said, I've done a lot of work around API's, webhooks, integrations, asset-building, system governance, lead lifecycle, scoring, and Velocity. 

In addition to the resources above, I'd encourage you to take the free practice test available in Adobe's Certmetrics Credential Management a few weeks before the exam and create your own flashcards to give you plenty of time to absorb information. Information retention is usually best when you're having to actively record that information.

If you don't have access for some reason (I'm not sure if it's different for me), no worries. We'll be providing sample questions from quizzes throughout the program! 

Based on my previous experience with the exam, remember that you don't need to know 100% of everything. People tend to specialize and that's ok. Take the time you need and read carefully!

nmillar
Level 3

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Dan Sisu] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi, I am Nicole Millar! I am currently Marketing Operations Lead at an advertising agency called Partners + Napier located in Rochester, New York. I have over 7 years of experience with Marketo and am currently working towards my Master Certification! I love Marketo and enjoy using it regularly and am looking forward to taking my skills to the next level with this mentorship program.

nmillar
Level 3

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Dan Sisu] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

For syncing from CRM - can you please explain what this means exactly? Does this mean the lookup field will come into Marketo as a random ID number instead of the referenced name? Does anyone have an example of what this would look like? Thank you!

What about Custom SFDC Lookup Fields?
Lookup fields in SFDC sync the ID but not the referenced name.