SOLVED

Re: Zoom Webinars and Marketo Integration

Go to solution
Jasmine_Kyles
Level 5

Zoom Webinars and Marketo Integration

Is anyone using Zoom Webinars? I was able to find the attached documentation(Setting Up Zoom For Marketo​). We may be moving from GoToWebinar and want to make sure there are no integration issues or annoyances (specifically with Marketo and SFDC) before switching over.

When I check the default API options in Marketo, Zoom is not on the list:

New Service Marketo.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jasmine_Kyles
Level 5

I'm not understanding your feedback "looking in the wrong place", to be clear - I'm looking to hear from Marketo users who are currently using Zoom as I'm making a decision of whether or not to switch webinar products. If it's going to be more trouble to get this up and running then I'd prefer to know before implementation.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jasmine,

You are looking in the wrong place. Zoom is not a Marketo standard webinar service and the installation guide tells you how you should set it up, including the custom object and the webhook.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

And also, there is no reason why there should be any annoyance. Just do not have a Marketo program sync with GtW and leverage Zoom art the same time

-Greg

Jasmine_Kyles
Level 5

I'm not understanding your feedback "looking in the wrong place", to be clear - I'm looking to hear from Marketo users who are currently using Zoom as I'm making a decision of whether or not to switch webinar products. If it's going to be more trouble to get this up and running then I'd prefer to know before implementation.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What Greg is saying is that there is not native Zoom integration like the others that appear in that list.  Instead you need to first configure a custom object/webhook - and the integration will be made available that way.  The way I read your question was twofold: is anyone using Zoom webinars within their Marketo environment? And, why isn't Zoom listed as a service among the other service providers?  Greg jumped in to assist with that second question.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Dan, you are really a friend

@Jasmine, sorry, I agree my answer was not very explicit.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, I am preparing to migrate and it is more complex and quite different than GTW. Marketo no longer allows that sort of "native" login like GTW.

I do not believe the Custom Object is entirely necessary...unless you want to record user question responses.

Yes, you will need a new Program Template, Tokens, and the API to push data back. Unfortunately, Zoom seems to require explicit Post Show Status updates (you do it yourself) than GTW.

As for Zoom's webinar admin and other stuff....dunno. Haven't gone in there yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you saw it requires explicit Post Show Status updates I thought that it will push the attended and then you need to make a flow that if not attended move to no show. Is that the case? I'm building out the flows now for testing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mei Huang​ this might be good as a reference point for us.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there, my company is also moving from GTW to Zoom and we wanted to integrate with Marketo. Did you get it working? If so, how's it going for you? Thanks!