SOLVED

Re: Zoom Webinar Not Passing Attendee Information Back to Marketo

Go to solution
Randall_Johnson
Level 2

Zoom Webinar Not Passing Attendee Information Back to Marketo

Hello,

We hosted a webinar today with 300+ registrants. After the webinar concluded Zoom passed back to Marketo that only 5 people attended and 315 were No Shows. I have confirmed that we had approx. 175 actual attendees. The 5 that I see attended were the host and the 4 panelists. I've also confirmed through our AV team that there were no issues with the webinar. Any suggestions on why this happened? 

Randall Johnson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Under Event Actions.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman

Have you tried “Refresh from Webinar Provider”?

Randall_Johnson
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

Thanks for your message. Can you point me to where I can find "Refresh from Webinar Provider?" 

Randall Johnson
SanfordWhiteman

Under Event Actions.

Randall_Johnson
Level 2

Thanks, Sanford. I refreshed and it all looks good now.

Randall Johnson
Randall_Johnson
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

Quick question: I've done two webinars and both of them have marked everyone in the webinar as "no show" at the conclusion of the webinar with the exception of the hosts/panelists - they get marked as "attended." Once I refresh from the webinar provider, it then updates the program with those that actually attended. Would you know why this happens? Is it because the host/panelists log on early in a practice session before the webinar goes live?

Randy

Randall Johnson
SanfordWhiteman

You know, this is a good question and we’d have to slog through many scenarios to determine the cause.

I used to think it was “just something that happened” — like Marketo throws an error effectively randomly and forgets to retry the Zoom API call in that case.

But lately I’ve thought it does have to do with order-of-operations and something involving a practice session. Not sure exactly what!

AnthonyFMiro
Level 1

Hey @SanfordWhiteman, I know this is a super old thread but didn't see any updated threads on this exact topic. I was curious if you have learned anything new to answer the question of "Why did zoom only push some attendees from a webinar into Marketo correctly?" Like the OP if I refresh from webinar provider everything syncs over fine, and many of the sessions we do run sync over fine without having to take that step. It seems random when Zoom decides to only push a handful of attendees and it makes it difficult to QA as we run so many sessions across different teams. Any insight? Thanks! 

SanfordWhiteman

To be clear about one thing, Zoom never pushes. It’s Marketo that pulls using the Zoom API.

My sense is sometimes there’s a Zoom API rate limit exceeded under the hood, which is only temporary.