SOLVED

Re: Zoom integration: registration errors

Go to solution
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Zoom integration: registration errors

Hey everyone

The Zoom integration is set up and is working well. However, we are seeing a reasonably high (10% or so) number of "registration errors". What happens is....

1. Program status changes to Webinar - Registered in Marketo.

2. Zoom receives this information via the integration, and pings back a registration error.

3. Marketo changes program status to "registration error."

There is no additional information I can see about this error....as in, why it failed. First Name, Last Name, and Email are all valid fields, so I'm not sure what else could cause it to error out. I can create a program to watch for these errors, and try to register again, but that doesn't seem to fix it. They still come back with the same status from Zoom.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Are there any similarities in the contact info of the registrants? I think with GTW sometimes you'll get reg errors with weird characters in the fields. 

Also are you sure that these reg errors were not for webinars that already passed?

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Are there any similarities in the contact info of the registrants? I think with GTW sometimes you'll get reg errors with weird characters in the fields. 

Also are you sure that these reg errors were not for webinars that already passed?

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Phillip_Wild

Hi Amy!

Hmmmm the "registered once webinar has passed" theory might account for a bunch of these. There is no logic to the other ones though unfortunately. I'll monitor this week and report back!

Phillip_Wild

Hi Amy, we ran another one this week and only one registration error. And it was from a Late Registration, which is also the name of the second studio album by Kanye West. So your theory appears to be correct!

Cherie_Nelson1
Level 2

I've just resolved a similar issue with Registration errors in multiple webinar sessions. Support highlighted to us that in Zoom there were mandatory fields ticked - which even though these fields were also mandatory on the Marketo form, the zoom set up for the fields needed to be not-required to pass the information through.

This resolved all but one of the webinars which continued to throw a generic Registration Error. After a couple of days troubleshooting and a million tests, cloning and starting the program again - I noticed that this particular session had a webinar capacity of 250 attendees set up in zoom - where all the others were at 500 (and the reg was sitting at 366).

User error, though a very grateful find at the eleventh hour!