Re: Workaround for excluding duplicates from trigger campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Workaround for excluding duplicates from trigger campaign

We have an onboarding email program that's set up as a trigger campaign. New leads created that fit customer criteria are entered into the email flow to receive a series of emails. However, I've halted the program as there's currently a bug in our product/CRM that is causing duplicate leads to be created in SFDC and synced over to Marketo. Some of these contacts have upwards of 50 duplicates that have been created and our product team does not have an ETA on when the root cause will be identified and fixed.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to create a workaround to prevent leads from getting added to the email flow and receive multiple emails?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sylvia, if the dupes are email based, Marketo may qualify 4 RECORDS for the Campaign, but only 1 record will get the email, assuming they qualify at the same time. If they enter a triggered campaign at different times, then all 4 records will receive the email.

The best thing to do is to clean up your database before you continue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh, I completely agree that the best thing to do would be clean up the database. However, I would still like to figure out a workaround as an interim solution since the product team doesn't have an ETA on a fix. So far it just doesn't seem like there is one.

Also, this may be a silly question, but Marketo doesn't have a limit on number of duplicates it can block in a batch campaign, correct?