Duplicate email sent to lead in engagement program AFTER being sent from Sales Insight

Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate email sent to lead in engagement program AFTER being sent from Sales Insight

Last week, we added a campaign email to our engagement program, and also made it available for our sales reps to send directly with Sales Insight. As there is a 7 day wait for new leads before our engagement program kicks in, the campaign could be relevant for the sales process before the 7 days in some cases.

One lead was sent the email via Sales Insight on 08/12. Then, today, 2 days later, the lead received the exact same email (same ID) through the engagement program.

It was my understanding that the engagement program would be smart enough to not send this email to a lead who had already received it. It is quite visibly in this lead's history from the 8th. Am I missing something?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Duplicate email sent to lead in engagement program AFTER being sent from Sales Insight

The Engagement only knows about emails IT sent from the Engagement program during a Cast. It has no idea what has ocurred outside of the Engagement.

There are many threads on how to deal with this situation. 

I'd generally avoid letting Sales send similar emails to your nurture though.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Duplicate email sent to lead in engagement program AFTER being sent from Sales Insight

I was actually under the impression that as long as it's the same exact email (not even a clone of an email) -- that Marketo should know to ignore that email and move onto the next one. It shouldn't matter what program the email was sent from, although I wonder if Sales Insight is an exception to that rule? 

Maybe Cheryl or someone else from Marketo can chime in here?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was under the same impression that Dory mentioned but during testing it may not be the case. I have opened a case with support.