SOLVED

Re: Winner criteria automatically sets by Marketo

Go to solution
SyedHasan
Level 2

Winner criteria automatically sets by Marketo

Hi All,

I ran the A/B Testing on whole email. However, didn't choose any winner criteria because I have tested it on 100% audience.

But in the final report Marketo has declared an email as winner with winning criteria as Clicks. 

SyedHasan_0-1668180533447.png

In the report, it is showing equal clicks against both the emails. Below is the dashboard view.

SyedHasan_1-1668180759062.png

Can anyone please let me know the reason behind this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I tried recreating this in my sandbox instance and Marketo picked the winner email based on # of opens and the same was displayed in the winner notification email as well.

As you'd know by default, Marketo uses Opens as the winner criteria. However, if a user, before adjusting the test sample size to 100% on the Test Settings page goes on the Winner Criteria page and updates the winner criteria to Clicks (or any other criteria as a matter of fact), then Marketo would use the selected criteria while determining the winner and same will be displayed in the winner notification email as well.

But, IMO the winner criteria don't matter when you've chosen to send the test versions to everyone as no one would receive the winner email post Marketo chooses one using the winner criteria anyway.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I tried recreating this in my sandbox instance and Marketo picked the winner email based on # of opens and the same was displayed in the winner notification email as well.

As you'd know by default, Marketo uses Opens as the winner criteria. However, if a user, before adjusting the test sample size to 100% on the Test Settings page goes on the Winner Criteria page and updates the winner criteria to Clicks (or any other criteria as a matter of fact), then Marketo would use the selected criteria while determining the winner and same will be displayed in the winner notification email as well.

But, IMO the winner criteria don't matter when you've chosen to send the test versions to everyone as no one would receive the winner email post Marketo chooses one using the winner criteria anyway.

SyedHasan
Level 2

Thanks Alot, Darshil!

It makes my doubt clear...

Thanks.