Why does analytics report takes forever to load?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does analytics report takes forever to load?

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the analytics report would take forever to load, at least an hour in our Marketo instance. These are reports with simple filters, is there anything to up the speed?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why does analytics report takes forever to load?

Hi Wing,

If you haven't, please reach out to customer support. Hours is defintely a long time, and support can usually advise on good ways to make this much faster.
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Wing,

Analytics reports can take some time to generate, but if you aren't using any complex logic, then they shouldn't be taking that long. As Erik said, I would contact support if it's taking an hour or more to generate your report.  I also have an idea on the community to improve the speed of Analytics reports, which you can vote on here
Nicol_Maurer
Level 3

I agree! Been having this problem for more than 2 years. Some will run lickety-split, others will take an hour and error out. Talked to support on this more than a few times with no real resolution other than the blame being put upon our local systems somehow. It's so very frustrating. Sometimes I will run a VERY SIMPLE report with no filters, just a date range, wait 20 minutes, and then end up grabbing a subscribed report that I've already sent to myself and applying filters on the excel spreadsheet. Easy-peasy, right? The shortest distance from point A to point B ends up being the scenic route. (And in case you were wondering, the original report never did finish running.)

Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It could be an indication of something processing on your marketo instance.  When something large is processing in the background, I see a lot of strange things happening. 

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

I have the same issue.  It seems like any time you run a report with any filters at all, it crashes.  Im currently running a report for "clicks link on a web page in the last 30 days" and it continually errors out.  Surely these systems should be more robust.