SOLVED

When setting up demo scoring, when do you use Data Value Changes and Lead is Created?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

When setting up demo scoring, when do you use Data Value Changes and Lead is Created?

I'm noticing that some demo score campaigns have this at the top of the smart list, and some don't.

Data Value Changes
Lead is Created

Can you explain when to use this and when not to? I'd assume that you'd use it for all since you only need demo score to be scored when the lead is created or when the data value changes. But it's not on some of my demo score campaigns, nor the Marketo program library import example.

Don't have: 

0EM50000000SzuG.jpg

Have:

0EM50000000SzuQ.jpg
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: When setting up demo scoring, when do you use Data Value Changes and Lead is Created?

Hi Christine,

There are different ways to handle this.

Option 1: Batch System where we assume the title does not change. 
This is the most likely scenario, however, we risk missing people who update titles through promotion or being more honest with us. Your first screenshot is this. We run this job daily and if the lead matches our ideal criteria, it gets scored.

Option 2: Triggered when the lead is created OR when the lead updates the title.
The issue here is that while we catch the person's title (if it matches our filters), we can end up double scoring someone. Let's say they match on Manager and get +5. Then they change their title and get Director for +10. Now they have +15!

Option 3: Demographic Rescoring System
I don't see this often enough. It is a little tricky to setup:
  • Demographic Change Trigger - any time someone modifies key values OR is created, then we 
  • Clear the Demo Score and lower the Lead Score={{lead.behavior score}}
  • Request other Campaigns for the fields we care about:
  • Job Title - if a match, it updates Demo score appropriate
  • Industry -if a match, it updates Demo score appropriate
  • etc
this way we can rebuild the score each time someone updates their info. Works pretty well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: When setting up demo scoring, when do you use Data Value Changes and Lead is Created?

Hi Christine,

There are different ways to handle this.

Option 1: Batch System where we assume the title does not change. 
This is the most likely scenario, however, we risk missing people who update titles through promotion or being more honest with us. Your first screenshot is this. We run this job daily and if the lead matches our ideal criteria, it gets scored.

Option 2: Triggered when the lead is created OR when the lead updates the title.
The issue here is that while we catch the person's title (if it matches our filters), we can end up double scoring someone. Let's say they match on Manager and get +5. Then they change their title and get Director for +10. Now they have +15!

Option 3: Demographic Rescoring System
I don't see this often enough. It is a little tricky to setup:
  • Demographic Change Trigger - any time someone modifies key values OR is created, then we 
  • Clear the Demo Score and lower the Lead Score={{lead.behavior score}}
  • Request other Campaigns for the fields we care about:
  • Job Title - if a match, it updates Demo score appropriate
  • Industry -if a match, it updates Demo score appropriate
  • etc
this way we can rebuild the score each time someone updates their info. Works pretty well.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh, thanks for this clear explanation. Option 2 - I was wondering about the double-scoring! I suppose Option 1 is not a huge deal - as you said , this is the most common scenario.

I'll revisit Option 3 again when I've got more lead scoring exp under my belt. Makes sense tho!