SOLVED

When person status is MQL remove person from nurture/engagement program

Go to solution
MyMarketoUser
Level 1

When person status is MQL remove person from nurture/engagement program

Hi everyone,

I've four emails nurture/engagement program with one stream. And I want before each email send remove anyone that becomes an MQL / Marketing Qualified during the engagement program. Please guide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: When person status is MQL remove person from nurture/engagement program

This is pretty simple, you can create a watchdog trigger campaign that listens for the change data value activity on the Person Status field (use "Data Value Changes" trigger) with new value constraint set to the "MQL" / "Marketing Qualified" values (set the exact values in the trigger constraint). Use "Member of Engagement Program" filter with "Engagement Program Cadence" constraint set to the "Normal" value to filter-in only the people who're currently receiving the content from the EP. 

Darshil_Shah1_1-1654001303758.png

In the campaign flow, you'd want to use the "Change Engagement Program Cadence" flow step to update the EP's cadence for the qualifying people to the "Paused" state.

Darshil_Shah1_2-1654001326803.png

Alternatively, you can also set this as a batch campaign that runs periodically (ideally, every time before the nurture emails are sent) to remove people whose "Person Status" value has changed to MQL/Marketing Qualified values (use "Data Value Changed" filter) in the AND configuration with "Member of Engagement Program" filter with "Engagement Program Cadence" constraint set to the "Normal" value to filter-in only the people who're currently receiving the content from the EP. The campaign flow shall remain same as the trigger campaign.

FYR, trigger campaigns process qualifying people through the campaign flow step in real-time i.e., as soon as the set trigger activity (in this case the data value change activity) happens, whereas batch campaigns run qualifying people through the flow step when they're scheduled to run/when they're manually ran.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

This is pretty simple, you can create a watchdog trigger campaign that listens for the change data value activity on the Person Status field (use "Data Value Changes" trigger) with new value constraint set to the "MQL" / "Marketing Qualified" values (set the exact values in the trigger constraint). Use "Member of Engagement Program" filter with "Engagement Program Cadence" constraint set to the "Normal" value to filter-in only the people who're currently receiving the content from the EP. 

Darshil_Shah1_1-1654001303758.png

In the campaign flow, you'd want to use the "Change Engagement Program Cadence" flow step to update the EP's cadence for the qualifying people to the "Paused" state.

Darshil_Shah1_2-1654001326803.png

Alternatively, you can also set this as a batch campaign that runs periodically (ideally, every time before the nurture emails are sent) to remove people whose "Person Status" value has changed to MQL/Marketing Qualified values (use "Data Value Changed" filter) in the AND configuration with "Member of Engagement Program" filter with "Engagement Program Cadence" constraint set to the "Normal" value to filter-in only the people who're currently receiving the content from the EP. The campaign flow shall remain same as the trigger campaign.

FYR, trigger campaigns process qualifying people through the campaign flow step in real-time i.e., as soon as the set trigger activity (in this case the data value change activity) happens, whereas batch campaigns run qualifying people through the flow step when they're scheduled to run/when they're manually ran.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions.

MyMarketoUser
Level 1

Thanks for quick response.

I've applied your suggested triggers and filters. And added 4 members to test the nurture program containing one member with person status "Marketing Qualified". Here I assumed, nurture program should not send emails to the members where leads status is marketing qualified but it sent email number 1 to all 4 members.

What's the right way to do this or I am understanding something wrong?

Darshil_Shah1

Well, you should restrict people with illegal Person Status values to be added to the EP in the first place, i.e., create a Nurture Inbound Entry campaign that'll filter out the people with illegal Person Status field values (i.e., not add them to the EP). If you manually add people to the EP w/o filtering out people with the illegal Person Status values, then you must run the batch campaign to Pause their cadence (but it'd be lot easier and more sensible to filter people out with illegal Person Status values instead!). Also, trigger campaign will only Pause people whose Person Status value changes to "Marketing Qualified" after they've been added to the EP, not the other way around (i.e., people who are in EP, and their Person Status field gets changed to "Marketing Qualified").

It is recommended you use an inbound entry campaign as said earlier to restrict people with illegal Person Status values to be added to the EP in first place, rather then adding them and then trying to figure out how to remove/Pause them from the nurture as I mentioned earlier in this post.

Hope this makes sense.