SOLVED

Re: When a lead is merged / associated how can I make previously anonymous activity send an email?

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: When a lead is merged / associated how can I make previously anonymous activity send an email?

Agree with everything you've said. It's frustrating to know there are upgrades this significant that are invisible to us.

On a positive note, this kind of stuff has made me hypersensitive to forced upgrades in my own projects!  So with FB gold versions are immutable, aren't aliased to new versions, and won't be sunsetted for a couple of years. That means we have to keep /v12, /v13, etc. all published even if we don't want anyone to use them.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Secondary campaigns might run because not all customers have been moved to Munchkin 2.0 yet. 

-Greg

Jon_Wu
Level 4

Ah that would make sense. I reached out to support last week to see if we were migrated but they don't seem to get the question.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jon,

Maybe Mike Reynolds​ can help ?

@Mike, how can we know whether a Marketo instance or a Pod has been upgraded to Munchkin 2.0 ?

-Greg

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

There isn't a way for you to see directly whether you've been moved to Munchkin V2. Only way to know is to Contact Marketo Support and have them check for you.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Thx Mike.

-Greg

Jon_Wu
Level 4

Thanks Mike. Support finally figured it out after a week and it looks like we're not on v2. They said they only migrate for people having performance issues.

Our marketing team has had issues with campaigns taking up to an hour or hours to send or process in the past, so I wonder if that qualifies.

From my engineering perspective, I'd also want to be on v2 ASAP since I'd hate to build a campaign now that depended on non-v2 behavior, that later breaks when we're migrated.

Next Generation Munchkin Tracking FAQ - Marketo Docs - Product Docs seems to indicate that rollout began early 2016. Is complete rollout happening this year?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jon,

Campaigns taking hours is a qualifier for Orion, not for munchkin v2

Munchkin v2 is first for company with very high traffic volume on their web sites.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I checked with Support and found out we weren't on it either.  According to Support:

we generally recommend it to customers who are processing 1.5-2 million munchkin activities daily.

But doesn't it have additional benefits when anonymous leads become known?  For example the "replays"?

Jon_Wu
Level 4

Yeah it seems that way to me too and I'd want to use the v2 behavior now so my campaigns don't break later. We also have some bugs happening where webhooks execute and make people known and break deduplication, even if they don't have an email and support said that'd be fixed when we get on v2. However, it's frustrating that there's no indication of when that would happen, even though we're affected by weird bugs now.