SOLVED

Whats the best way to store order, quote and product information in Marketo

Go to solution
Barry_Dupont1
Level 3

Whats the best way to store order, quote and product information in Marketo

Scenario:

We are in the process of creating a lead scoring programme for our existing, repeat customers.

Our plan is:

1) Track the products that our customers are looking at on our website (a question about that here)

2) Compare this data with data from our CRM, specifically:

- Orders: Order date, products ordered

- Quotes: Quote date, products quoted

3) If the products they are looking at on the website have not been ordered or quoted within a certain timeframe, then they will be added to the lead scoring programme, and hopefully, become an MQL for sales to follow.

My question is the best way to store the order, quote, (and related product) information in Marketo. We have integrated our custom CRM using the REST API, so have developer resource to do this, but I not sure how to structure it in Marketo.

I'm assuming either custom activities for 'has ordered' or 'has been quoted' with the product as an attribute, or custom objects - but don't know which.

Appreciate any advice. Please let me know if any clarification is needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lauren_Aquilino
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Re: Whats the best way to store order, quote and product information in Marketo

If you have additional values you'd like to store about each object, I like custom objects for this, especially since you already have a custom integration. This keeps your field values cleaner and also allows for multiple inputs of each type as needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Lauren_Aquilino
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

If you have additional values you'd like to store about each object, I like custom objects for this, especially since you already have a custom integration. This keeps your field values cleaner and also allows for multiple inputs of each type as needed.

Barry_Dupont1
Level 3

Thanks very much for your input, Lauren. I'm going to do try with custom objects first and see how we get on.

lukesmithiowa
Level 1

Barry how has your investigation gone here?