SOLVED

Multiple values for same email address

Go to solution
Jananim
Level 2

Multiple values for same email address

Hi all, 

We are currently working with an outside lead provider who does not have a direct integration with marketo, this has led to me creating a solution to importing leads by manually importing the list weekly into a static list. I have a trigger campaign set up to assign lead source and scoring as soon as they are imported.

My problem is that now we would like to score them based off of a column that the lead provider has in their export called "Content buyers journey". They assign leads a value of early, middle or late based off of how many times they have downloaded or viewed one of our articles on their site. However, the export contains multiple rows for the same email address, so one person may have four entries with content buyers journeys value at "early" and then one lone entry with the same email but the value is now "late".  How can I import this field into Marketo if there are multiple values for the same email address and we want Marketo to score based off of the change in value? Is this possible?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Multiple values for same email address

You'd need to build a custom import process that takes the import file, splits into the largest possible parts that don't have internal duplicates, and inserts the files separately.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

You'd need to build a custom import process that takes the import file, splits into the largest possible parts that don't have internal duplicates, and inserts the files separately.

Jananim
Level 2

Thank you! I'm not sure how that would address the problem of multiple values tied to the same email address? I need to import these into a custom field I've created called "Content buyers journey" within Marketo. However, I'd like to see the progression of these values week over week. Does that clarify a little better? Thanks again for your response! 

SanfordWhiteman

By inserting each update separately, you get a Change Data Value activity. "Week over week" wouldn't be possible if you insert everything on the same day, of course, they would be different timestamps on that day.