Re: What would cause a Program with two Landing Pages and one form to continuously fail during import from one instance to another?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What would cause a Program with two Landing Pages and one form to continuously fail during import from one instance to another?

The first form I used, even after creating the identical fields in the new instance, would not import. I ended up recreating it on my new instance. Next import attempt failed again. This time I took the form out and it imported. However, that caused another issue as when I went to edit to add the new form, suddenly nothing was editable nor could I add a new form. Last attempt I used a very basic generic form I had on both instances. Another fail. Any idea??

7 REPLIES 7
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: What would cause a Program with two Landing Pages and one form to continuously fail during import from one instance to another?

Hi Kevin,

Is the form in the program or is it a global form, sited in the design studio ?

Seems to me a case for support.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Global form. The form is in a different default program.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kevin Ponton,

This might be the cause of the problem. The programs try to reference the form and cannot find it.

I do not know how this is supposed to work (I mean importing programs that reference a global form). Worth a ticket to support.

Please keep us posted of their answer, it might be useful to the community.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to test this by adding the form locally to the program.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

What's the failure message that you're getting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The weird part is it doesn't give an error message like a normal failure. I get an alert saying complete but a non-descriptive popup during the import with the progress window appearing to continue but never finishes.

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I would open a case on this one - it looks like something going on in the back end.