Re: What's your favorite Survey Tool?

Ann_Marie_Gasti
Level 2 - Champion Alumni

What's your favorite Survey Tool?

I'm trying to (quickly) vet options for Survey tools that integrate with Marketo, and I'm wondering what some of the favorites are!

Here's my integrations wish list:

1. One-time integration set up
  2. Progressive and/or pre-fill forms, at least on existing demographic fields
  3. Trigger off survey completions - or, even better, off specific survey responses
  4. I'd like to be able to access the survey responses at the Person level, without having to create a million custom fields

Options I've considered:

• SurveyMonkey - this one is basically ruled out. Their pricing is over complicated and, from what I can tell, the integration requires some set up for each new survey.
  • Ion Interactive - our Creative team already has this and is excited about how slick they'll look. But I'd have to choose between two integration types, REST API or embedded forms, each of which gets me 1/2 of what I'm hoping for.
  • Decidedly - Cheap (in a good way), easy integration, but I haven't been able to see a sample of their surveys, and look/feel is a concern. I'm also uncertain if I could use data gathered in Surveys in Smart Lists.
  • Survicate - couldn't answer questions about the Marketo integration.
  • Qualtrics - speaking with them today.
3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ann-Marie,

Attention to Rest API integration. If not done well, it can lead to saturating your API quota or, worse, to security breaches.

-Greg

Sonali_Jadeja3
Level 4

Hi Ann-Marie,

Did you ever come up with a short list of contenders for this requirement?

I am researching myself right now and wondering if you can share yours!

Thanks,

Sonali

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I have just built a Qualtrics/Marketo integration, so I might be able to comment on your wish list with regards to Qualtrics:

1. One-time integration set up - Nah, not one-time. You have to go through a decent amount of setup steps for each survey.
  2. Progressive and/or pre-fill forms, at least on existing demographic fields - I guess I don't really understand this. You can pull Marketo lead fields into your survey, and therefore prefill survey fields from "embedded data", but do you really want to have demographic form fields in Qualtrics?
  3. Trigger off survey completions - or, even better, off specific survey responses - Yes, that works. Survey responses can be sent to Marketo and so you can trigger off of them.
  4. I'd like to be able to access the survey responses at the Person level, without having to create a million custom fields - The survey response is sent into a Marketo Custom Activity, so it's not per se visible/exportable from the lead database.

My general impression is this: You can not - and you should not want - to set up this integration as fire-and-forget and just mindlessly flow data into Marketo. That's not the point of this integration. Survey results are best viewed and reported on from the Qualtrics platform. You should have a clearly defined use case as to what you want to do with the survey data in Marketo and then set up your trigger campaigns. Syncing survey data into Marketo without a corresponding trigger campaign that acts on it, is pointless in my opinion.