What exactly is pipeline generated MT?

Lucho_Soto
Level 5

What exactly is pipeline generated MT?

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the exact definition of Pipeline Generated (MT). I thought it meant ALL opportunities (Closed, not closed, won, lost) that were created after a lead achieved success in a program.

When asking about some issues syncing our Program Analyzer, I was told by Marketo support that in MT attribution, the opp HAS to have been closed for programs to receive MT attribution. If this is true, this is a big setback for us reporting because being a B2B, it takes our opps several months to close.

If opps need to be closed for MT attribution, I also don't understand why (MT) Pipeline Generated - Still Open exists or why it would show data. Furthermore, the data in our analyzer is exactly the same for (MT) Pipeline Generated and (MT)Pipeline Generated - Still Open. To me this implies that all of the Pipeline data showing on my Analyzer is currently referring to open opportunities. 

Can anyone help us clarify this MT Pipeline Generated definition?
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What exactly is pipeline generated MT?

This article should help
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kyvh

as far as I know, pipeline generated happens when a program touches the lead before the opp is created. MT would be several programs before the opp is created.

I have not heard this idea that the opp must close first to get pipeline credit.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What exactly is pipeline generated MT?

This article has moved, can you give me the title?

Thanks