Report in salesforce of contacts assigned to a campaign through MSI

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report in salesforce of contacts assigned to a campaign through MSI

I want to be able to see in an easy view in salesforce the list of contacts that I assigned to a campaign through MSI and the results of the campaign for these contacts (email recevied / opened / clicked)

This report will have to be available also to verify results of email blasts sent directly by Sales from MSI (functionality: send a template shared from Marketo in Salesforce to a list of contacts)

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Report in salesforce of contacts assigned to a campaign through MSI

Hi Hicham,

A rule that we observe: for MSI, we always create a separate smart campaign, distinct from the other flows in the program. So that the members in this campaign are always added there from MSI. You just need to make sure that you control with a filter that the lead is not already a member of other flows that would send the same invitations.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Grégoire,

Thank you for your reply but sorry i don't get your idea!!

The need here is that I want to launch a report in Salesforce for sales people to help them to see what are the contacts that they have added for a specific campaign through MSI and also to see the results of the contacts actions in the same report!

And I want to do another report, not for contacts added to a specific campaign but the contacts that sales target through MSI with the button send marketo email.

I hope that my need is more clear!!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Hicham,

OK, the what you need todo is create an SFDC campaign, and each time someone is added to an MSI campaign by a sales rep, you add that person to the SFDC campaign. You make sure that the SFDC campaign has the members statuses to mange the various interactions you want to track. In the Marketo program, you also add smart campaigns that will change the SFDC campaign member statuses bases on the lead behavior.

Then, in SFDC, you simply report on the SFDC campaign members

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answer, this is very helpful !

And what about sending email from MSI (I have read one of your answers in other comments and you have mentioned to activate sync activities (sent sales email, sales email opened...) I have activated that but I don't get tasks in salesforce.

Can I you explain me how this sync options works please? who will be the owener of tasks created? the task created will add new value in pkclist field that we manage in task object in salesforce? there is any impact on volume of tasks created from Marketo?

Thank you in advance.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Hicham,

The tasks will be created no more than once a day for each lead/contact. The task will be attached to the lead/contact, but I think the task owner will be the Marketo sync user.

-Greg