What do you with skyrocketing demographic scores?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you with skyrocketing demographic scores?

I have some ppl that are really really engaged, but after a certain point it doesn't matter how engaged you are - if you reach a threshold or you're just not our buyer persona.

I'm thnking about this - is this similar to how you do it?

If behavior score reaches threshold of 75, cap it there. It'll only go down from there if they take any negative actions like not engage for 180 days. We use this data WITH the demo score to pass to sales.

I suppose an alternative would be to not cap it at 75, but knock them back down to 0. This would require sales act on MQL list first, and if not qualified we reset them so they can go through the cycle again?

For the former, I'd set it up as: if behavior score is greater than 75, change value to 75. What would I do with lead score?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do you with skyrocketing demographic scores?

Christine,

How are you ending up with skyrocketing demographic scores? Are your scoring smart campaigns set up to only run each record through once?

You should be able to calculate what's the max demographic score a record can achieve by reviewing what you're scoring them for and how many points you're giving them.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bruno - I just have some ppl that are really engaged, downloading every report, registering for every webinar, opening every email. 
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Wouldn't these be behavioral scores? But aside from the semantics you could have a smart campaign that would say if score is greater than x, change to y. Also, you could consider a campaign where if they hit a threshold they're put back to zero. 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I often don't care about score inflation on the behavior side. But like I said in a previous response, it is often better to focus on the buyer profiles and not even bother with demographic scores.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you're saying you don't use lead score?

For MQL, you pass over demo = minimum score, and perhaps behavior score as an FYI?