Re: What do you use for badge/lead scanning? Does it automatically integrate?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you use for badge/lead scanning? Does it automatically integrate?

We are looking to integrate a badge scanner application at events with Marketo. I saw the discussion (http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PcuRAAS) about using the Marketo Event App but we are hoping to have a scanner that will read a barcode/QR or act as a business card reader that will then integrate into a selected Marketo/Salesforce nurture campaign. We are currently using a combination of lead scanners provided by the show in addition to an iPad app that requires a lot of manual input - neither of which automatically integrates into a campaign and as such causes a few day time lag before we are able to communicate with our leads.

We are willing to pay to have this software built - but don't know if anyone has similar experience or has been able to find a system that already does this.

Thanks,
Elissa
MRI Software

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Elissa,

I'm not aware of a current solution, but you could check the Marketplace to see if someone did this already. You could also request this from the main show companies, Freeman and GES. The Lead scanner people could write a system that uses the API to send over the leads into Marketo automatically.

In the meantime, Jason Long's suggestion would work pretty well by just downloading the leads once or twice a day.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We built a custom iOS-based system that uses API integration to send leads to Marketo. When we researched it, AtEvent was the only one who had an integrated feed, but the cost was outside of what we would consider. I guess it depends on what you want to spend and what resources you have available for a custom API build. It is very doable though.

Mike