SOLVED

Creating custom objects when no CRM is in use

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating custom objects when no CRM is in use

Does anyone knows whether it is possible to create custom objects related to the lead object when using Marketo without a CRM?

When using Marketo with salesforce.com, custom objects linked to the lad or contact objects are imported and can be synched. When doing so, triggers and filters are added, and these custom objects can be instanciated from the API.

But if you do not have a Salesforce, is it possible to add custom objects from the admin interface? I have not been able to find out.

Any help on this would be appreciated. 

Best regards,
Greg

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creating custom objects when no CRM is in use

Hi Greg, Yes, it is possible to have a Marketo only custom object. At this point in time the end user/admin doesn't have the ability to create it, it requires the assistance of support/services. I'm out of the office at the moment and can't recall if there is a fee involved so can you log a case with support and a colleague will be in touch ASAP. http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000Pi1MAAS Regards. Cathal

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo does allow you to create new custom fields in the admin tab. These would then be exposed to the API. Documentation here...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg, Yes, it is possible to have a Marketo only custom object. At this point in time the end user/admin doesn't have the ability to create it, it requires the assistance of support/services. I'm out of the office at the moment and can't recall if there is a fee involved so can you log a case with support and a colleague will be in touch ASAP. http://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000Pi1MAAS Regards. Cathal
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cathal, I'll see to it.

All the best,
Greg