Webinar platforms - Playing video as part of live broadcast

James_Gunn
Level 2

Webinar platforms - Playing video as part of live broadcast

Hello all,

We have a requirement for a webinar platform, that integrates with Marketo, and has the functionality to play videos as part of a live broadcast. For example, the speaker introduces the topic and shows a few slides, then plays a short video, then closes out the webinar and holds Q&A.

Has anyone used a platform that can facilitate this and offers a seamless experience for attendees?

We use GoToWebinar currently. The integration with Marketo is great. The ability to play videos is in Beta. When a video is played the audio for the video will play through the attendees computer speakers, even if they have dialled in by phone. Also, the recording function does not record videos. Because of these limitations we are investigating options other than GTW so hoping someone has a great recommendation.

Thanks,

James

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Webinar platforms - Playing video as part of live broadcast

Well, most of these services will display whatever is on your screen. I am unsure of GTW's specific issue, but I know we got this to work on Zoom.

The challenge is more than the audio output is on the original (YOUR) computer's audio. But there's a way to fiddle with the controls to output the audio correctly to the audience on the other side.

I'd speak with GTW or check their docs on this.

As for seamless experience, it's more about ensuring you know the steps involved and have the video queued up.

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Webinar platforms - Playing video as part of live broadcast

I know ON24 has this feature, because I've attended webinars on their platform that use video. It's very pricey though, compared to GoTo.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor