SOLVED

Re: Webinar Platform Recommendations Please

Go to solution
msutton
Level 2

Webinar Platform Recommendations Please

We're currently using GoToWebinar and the Marketo integration works well for single events.

We're about to launch bi-weekly webinars as a recurring webinar, which isn't supported by the native integration. I looked at bridging the gap with Zapier, but the GTW trigger action handles each webinar as an individual event.

I want to avoid having to create a new program or Zap for every instance of a webinar.

Any recommendations for a webinar platform that supports recurring events *and* will feed leads into Marketo via some form of integration that isn't shuttling CSV files. 

Mike Sutton
Marketing Operations | DNSFilter.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaMeyers
Level 4 - Champion

We also use GoToWebinar for all of our "regular" prospect webinars as well as a recurring series. I've seen lots of people attempt workarounds with various tools for recurring webinars, but unfortunately none work natively of very seamlessly (if at all). Right now our teams compromise is that for any of our "recurring" webinars (ours are weekly) GTW handles all operational communications & we don't do email invites specifically - they get promoted as secondary CTAs and we have a single page where registration lives. 

It is clunky - but we set up a quarter at a time and it tends to work ok! Happy to talk more about our approach if you want help. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tyron_Pretorius
Level 8 - Champion

We use Zoom for webinars which syncs registered leads to Marketo just like GTW

They do have recurring webinar functionality: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/216354763-How-to-Schedule-A-Recurring-Webinar

Tyron Pretorius
msutton
Level 2

Thanks for the tip, @Tyron_Pretorius . 

Do you happen to know if Zoom recurring webinars will sync with Marketo on an ongoing basis?

If not I can test on my own, but please share if you have direct experience.

Mike Sutton
Tyron_Pretorius
Level 8 - Champion

I do not have direct experience using recurring Zoom webinars

I imagine you would want to create a new Marketo program for each instance of a recurring webinar to track the attendants for each instance

Tyron Pretorius
Franky_Ruyssch2
Level 4

I have integrated Zoom in Marketo, and it works perfectly. Registered leads are synced to Marketo, together with the Shows and the no-shows. (All communication is done via Marketo, and is completely switched off in ZOOM).
Works for 100% in 'normal' cases. The only problem we face is the streaming of video within the Zoom session, that is not working as expected. (I was also wondering how I should handle recurring zoom webinars in Marketo.)

Franky Ruysschaert
JessicaMeyers
Level 4 - Champion

We also use GoToWebinar for all of our "regular" prospect webinars as well as a recurring series. I've seen lots of people attempt workarounds with various tools for recurring webinars, but unfortunately none work natively of very seamlessly (if at all). Right now our teams compromise is that for any of our "recurring" webinars (ours are weekly) GTW handles all operational communications & we don't do email invites specifically - they get promoted as secondary CTAs and we have a single page where registration lives. 

It is clunky - but we set up a quarter at a time and it tends to work ok! Happy to talk more about our approach if you want help. 

msutton
Level 2

Thanks, Jessica. This was our conclusion and how we're now handling it as well.

Mike Sutton