Re: web services error 606

Anonymous
Not applicable

web services error 606

Hi, I am getting a daily 'web services error' code 606 with a count of 1024. Not sure what is causing/triggering this error. Has anyone incurred this issue? Can you please help?

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nghia Karoll

Error code 606 - Max rate limit ‘%s’ exceeded with in ‘%s’ secs (The number of calls in the past 20 seconds was greater than 100)

Source: http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/error-codes/

Thank you!

Malik_Zafar2
Level 4

what exactly does this mean though?

SanfordWhiteman

It means your API consumer (external app) is not properly rate-limiting itself.

Malik_Zafar2
Level 4

What's the consequence of this error? Are these records not being updated or are they just being updated at a later time?

how do you diagnose this? any way to tell what the culprit is (I'm guessing no).

Thanks Sanford, you are a legend.

SanfordWhiteman

What's the consequence of this error? Are these records not being updated or are they just being updated at a later time?

They won't be updated -- the API call is not serviced.

how do you diagnose this? any way to tell what the culprit is (I'm guessing no).

Well, you can start by looking at daily utilization per API user. However, this doesn't tell the real story of point-in-time utilization: it's perfectly possible for one well-behaved consumer to use 20,000 API calls per day, evenly distributed, and never go over the limit; while another app could attempt to use only a few hundred calls per day, but overwhelm the limits because it tries to do them all in parallel.