We are looking for a Survey app that integrates directly to Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: We are looking for a Survey app that integrates directly to Marketo

Thanks getting back to me, Lauren Beth​.

So far it's been pretty rocky... It doesn't appear that the GS support rep we're working with is very familiar with the Marketo integration. We haven't been able to complete a test email send yet. It also makes it difficult that we haven't been provided with Gainsight admin access, so we have to rely on another team to help us with testing.

I'm curious...

Since Gainsight sends via account, how are you translating that over to sending emails to individual contacts on the account? Are you able to distinguish based on the contact role in Gainsight? Or are you adding filters to your smart lists on the Marketo side?

Also, does this trigger look correct for our smart list in Marketo to pull the Gainsight CTA?

151023 - Gainsight smart list.jpg

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

No problem, Christina!  I would agree that the implementation process for us has been hit or miss.  Lots of delays and lack of communication on their end.  But fundamentally the connection between the two tools is fairly simple - just another database sending data to Marketo - so I'm not too worried. We also were not given admin access but this will be changing soon.

Our Gainsight instance is focused on both contacts and accounts but perhaps this is not the norm?  I'm not involved with the implementation side of things so we may be doing something different here.  Once we kick off for real in a few weeks, we'll be emailing new users to our product (syndicated research database) a welcome stream.  We will also be doing basic account work such as billing but that I guess would be by account, associated with the key user we have designated to the account.  We obviously plan to go much bigger in the future but for now we just want to make sure this type of automated communication works for our account teams.

Yes you have the right set up for your campaign.  I definitely have no idea how an API works though!  To start, we set up campaigns in Marketo with the smart list you have above - label them to find more easily in Gainsight - and then set up the "play" in Gainsight with the campaign from Marketo.

We have done some very small scale testing.  However instead of doing an email campaign, because we haven't found a way to actually test emails without sending to live users, we set the campaign to just add user to a list, rather than an email, to make sure the data was coming over.  We are ramping up over the next few weeks on this and I'll reach out if I find anything useful for you.  Please keep me in the loop on your progress as well!

Thank you!

Lauren

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insight, Lauren Beth​!

Look forward to hearing about your progress. I'll keep you posted on our experience (and learning moments) too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sarah (Klaphake) Luckow​ & Louie Frank​!

This is one of the threads I was talking about

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

SurveyMonkey.

Jennifer_Borell
Level 2

There was one talked about and posted at the last user group - check out the ppt.

Recap and deck from the last SVMUG meeting -- Thanks Dan!

Jen