SOLVED

Re: Warm your sender reputation - How to set it up in Marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Warm your sender reputation - How to set it up in Marketo

Hi, I was told if I send email to people engaged in the past 90 days 30 min before the rest, it will increase my email inboxing 19%. I like to give it a try in Markeo. Anyone has ever set this up in Marketo or any recommendation on this? If I use regular email program, it's likely that I need to clone the 2nd email to send to the rest? Any better way to do so?

Thanks in advance,

Huihsing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Huihsing, you can accomplish this more easily than cloning by creating a smart list of people who have interacted with your email in the past 90 days, and then using choices, wait steps, and remove from flow steps in a single send campaign. What this won't provide you with, though, is as clear of a picture of how successful this test has been. If you want a little bit more visibility, you can always separate the two send campaigns, or use a clone of the email for the second send.

Smart list: people who have interacted with emails in the past 90 days

Flow:

1. Send Email, add choice: if Member of smart list: Interacted with emails (created above)

2. Remove from flow, add choice: If was sent email: your email

3. Wait 30 minutes

4. Send Email (will go to remaining people)

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Huihsing, you can accomplish this more easily than cloning by creating a smart list of people who have interacted with your email in the past 90 days, and then using choices, wait steps, and remove from flow steps in a single send campaign. What this won't provide you with, though, is as clear of a picture of how successful this test has been. If you want a little bit more visibility, you can always separate the two send campaigns, or use a clone of the email for the second send.

Smart list: people who have interacted with emails in the past 90 days

Flow:

1. Send Email, add choice: if Member of smart list: Interacted with emails (created above)

2. Remove from flow, add choice: If was sent email: your email

3. Wait 30 minutes

4. Send Email (will go to remaining people)

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, you can do this with two regular email sends or you can do this with one nurture send with conditional wait steps in it.

For the nurture

Smart list = your target audience

Flow

step 1

if lead score is greater than 100 (or whatever you use to determine engagment)

Send email

Step 2

Wait 30 minutes

Step 3

if lead score is less than 100

Send email

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Interesting. Who told you this?

Dory Viscogliosi​- have you tried this as well? Maybe I'll test this vs. 250ok.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

I've read it... but haven't tried it yet We have a Return Path account that shows us inbox placement and we have a dedicated IP so we're already doing pretty well on inbox placement.

I'd be curious to see the actual results -- I think a 19% increase is high.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I'd be curious to see the actual results -- I think a 19% increase is high.

Sounds nearly nonsensical, based on the way mail is sent, scanned, and classified.  It kind of reminds me of a question the other day about spacing sends 5 minutes apart.  These small intervals don't even register given the store-and-forward nature of SMTP.

I could see a "perfect storm" situation in which this would help for a particular type of recipient, but I'd be thinking .16% as opposed to 16%.

I'd like to see an article explaining the thought process here.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

This was the Marketo blog post that I read where it was suggested: http://blog.marketo.com/2016/01/3-strategies-for-maximizing-email-deliverability.html 

I'm thinking that if the OP was referencing this, some of the numbers might have been slightly misunderstood. 

SanfordWhiteman

Don't think I've seen so drastic a misunderstanding/misrepresentation of the difference between sender-wide and recipient-level engagement.

ETA: That is, it's BS.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Well.. sometimes I don't ask why someone would actually want to do something, I just give them the tools to do what they want to get done. Probably a place where I could improve myself, but I wouldn't want to pop someone else's balloon.

SanfordWhiteman

I know you're just relaying the information and I'm definitely not blaming you for it being wrong!

Problem is that when someone takes the time to learn how to do something, they assume it has the promised results. I think in this case it would be better to not learn because then your workflow becomes needlessly convoluted... forever.