Re: Viewed Landing Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Viewed Landing Page

What is the best approach to finding out who viewed a recent landing I put together? Will I only be able to see known leads (i.e. a lead who clicked a link in a past email or has filled out a Marketo form)? Any help would be great.
Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the web-page activity report...It will show you both Known and Annonymus leads. This is cool if you are also linking to the landing page from you main site. You can also push this report to stakeholders via email.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you clarify what a known lead is? To be known, do you have to have filled out a marketo form or clicked a link in a past marketo email?

Regarding anonymous leads, the report is saying there are 3 anonymous leads that have viewed the landing page, but the inferred company's are AT&T and Continental Broadband. Is Marketo just pulling the internet connection or something? Is there anyway to obtain more information on these anonymous leads?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I was reffereing to the cookie on the lead's computer...when it comes to the anonymous leads we are only abl to grab the data associated with the IP address they are riding. When people are working from home or in the case of SMB traffic there is the issue you are seeing. The way to get around this is to "gate" your assets with forms...
Anonymous
Not applicable

So in my situation, we are creating a customized landing page for each of our hot prospects. On these landing pages, we put a ton of assets that are relevant to that prospect (i.e. customer testimonial videos, press releases, whitepapers, recorded webinars, etc). Because I don't want them to have to fill out a form to see every asset on the landing page (most of these landing pages include at least 6-8 different assets) is there a way to make them fill out a form in order to enter the landing page? They fill ou the form, and once they hit submit the landing page opens and they can see all the different assets, without having to fill out a form to open each? Or is there a different/better approach? Any help/suggestions would be great!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like you are sending people to this page from a Marketo email...if that is the castthey they will become know from the act of cliking on the decorated link in that Marketo email you send them...Gates are only required if you want to push "in-bound" traffic to this page from your main site or external sources. (we can talk later bout how to use segments to render the page dynamically :)...)

You may need to make sure that the person in Sales that is sending the email linking to this page is sending a "Sales Email" using Sales Insight or that they are triggering a Markeo email being sent by updating a field on the lead or contact record. This will insure that the prospect gets an email with a "decorated" link and thier cookie updates without filling out any forms and fthen you get kick-ass reporting...

Does this help? -Mark
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mark -

We actually aren't sending the landing page via a Marketo email. Rather, we have been doing some direct mail campaigns and the link to the landing page is included in the cover letter that's included in the mail package. Thus, the lead would type the landing page url directly into the internet browser and check it out that way. Or they could check out the landing page but scanning the QR code. On the other hand, some of the reps email the prospect the landing page URL via SFDC. We don't use sales insight at all. To be honest, I have no idea what that is. Is this something that we should consider getting?

It sounds like the best approach here is to find a way for the lead to become known b/c tracking known visitors is much more effective than anonymous. I'm curious to hear about this sales insight option b/c maybe that is a good alternative for us.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kelly - This is a really interesting use case, or “so cool” as Mark would say!

In the direct mail scenarios above, you can pass a URL parameter and use JavaScript on the landing page to write it to a field that is going to give you the info you need, to track engagement and alert the appropriate contact owner, even before they fill out a form.

As far as Sales Insight goes it is a really useful and useable part of the Marketo suite in conjunction with Salesforce and Outlook (or Gmail). If your sales team were to use this feature, it will ensure that the activity carried out by the Lead or Contact is tracked completely in both Marketo and Salesforce and will give you the Reporting capability you are looking for. Let me know if you would like to discuss implementing this approach.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Terry -

Re: the URL parameter/using JavaScript, is there any sort of help article on the community that would guide me through the steps? I don't have any experience with JavaScript, so I wouldn't even know where to begin with this!

Re: sales insight, is this something that is included in the "select" package or is it an additional fee? Furthermore, if sales were to use this feature, would they all need marketo usernames and passwords? Or would they send the emails out through salesforce still? If you could point me to a help article so I can read more about it, that would be great.

Thanks,
Kelly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are links to the articles on how to set/pass url paramaters into a hidden field as well as the documentation on how to add people to SFDC campaigns programatically using hidden fieldsin forms:

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqkCAC

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqkCAC

As far a Sales Isight, Sales can access  the action "send a Marketo email" from any lead, cointact or list view in Salesforce...The NEVER log into Markeo or have a marketo cridential...Documentation here:

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KywrCAC