Using two different triggers with a combination of different filters

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using two different triggers with a combination of different filters

Hi - I have a Smart Campaign I'm trying to set up with a combination of two different triggers and filters. The triggers will be fills out form OR data value changes (a change in lead lifecycle). Here's the problem: each trigger needs to be combined with the other field as a filter because they can happen in either order. Here's an example of each potential scenario:

1. Lead fills out a form and then a few days later their data value changes which should trigger the campaign.
2. Lead's data value changes and then a few days later they fill out a form which should trigger the campaign.

The only way I've thought to accommodate these scenarios is by having a campaign that acts on Fills Out Form as a trigger but only when combined with Data Value Changed as a filter, OR acts on Data Value Changes as a trigger but only when combined with Filled Out Form as a filter. This doesn't seem to be possible. Does anyone know of a way to do this, or a workaround that you've used? 

The only workaround I've thought of is to set up two separate campaigns: Campaign A with the first Smart List scenario and the flow steps I want to use for all leads, and Campaign B for the second Smart List scenario with just one flow step of "Request Campaign", and request campaign A.

Thanks in advance!

Megan
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Using two different triggers with a combination of different filters

Yes, I would go with two separate campaigns to ensure this works well. While you could do

Fills Out Form
OR
Data Value Changes

AND (Filters)
Filled Out Form IS X
OR
Data Value IS Y

that probably works too.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that second option would allow people to get into the campaign if they only fill out a form or only have a data value change though. For example, they could fill out a form to qualify for the trigger, then since ithe filter is OR, that single form fill would also qualify them for that. I'd prefer to keep it as one campaign for simplicity sake, but it seems two separate campaigns might be the only option.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also if I do set this up as two separate campaigns, with flow step on the second campaign only to request the first campaign, do I need to add criteria to the Smart List to not qualify people if they are already in the other campaign (and vice versa), or will Marketo automatically not add duplicate leads to the first campaign's flow steps?