Re: Using SMS Messages in Salesforce/Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using SMS Messages in Salesforce/Marketo

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone out there has tried integrating SMS into your campaigns OR have sales reps using SMS to communicate with prospects or customers? Either bulk SMS or 1-1. 

I'm really interested both in how you are using it (sales? support?) and what the results have been, as well as what apps/platforms you are using, whether it's plugged in on the Marketo side, SFDC side or both, etc. 

I've been thinking about this a bit lately but there is some hesitation from our reps as they feel it may be too personal for our customers. I am interested in proving/disproving that theory. 

Appreciate any feedback!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This intrigues me too. I know you can use Twilio, so it might help to speak with them or look at their data.

I always put in an "OK to SMS" flag in my subscription management, but i have yet to see anyone develop a program for it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was also going to mention that you should ensure that users are explicitly opting in to receive SMS because otherwise this could upset alot of potential customers. - Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. 

I think having as an opt-in is a great idea and can let people self-select if they want to receive communication that way. 

I see Twilio has a Marketo webhook integration and there are a bunch of apps for SFDC that enable outbound/inbound SMS, either 1-1, through campaigns, or triggered via workflow. 

Lots of potential! I'll post back if we try anything but super interested if anyone out there has done it already.