SOLVED

Using Random Sample with Request Campaign

Go to solution
dhig23
Level 1

Using Random Sample with Request Campaign

I have a large number of contacts (250K+) that I need to pass through a trigger campaign. If I send them all at once, it causes a backlog in the Campaign Queue.

I was thinking I could use Random Sample in a series of Request Campaign flow steps to send a chunk at a time.

Something like this:

1. Request Campaign
    Choice 1: If Random Sample is 25%  - Request Campaign X (otherwise do nothing)
  2. Wait 1 hour
  3. Request Campaign
    Choice 1: If Random Sample is 25%  - Request Campaign X (otherwise do nothing)
  4. Wait 1 hour
  5. Request Campaign
    Choice 1: If Random Sample is 25%  - Request Campaign X (otherwise do nothing)
  6. Wait 1 hour
  7. Choice 1: If Random Sample is 25%  - Request Campaign X (otherwise do nothing)

Would that effectively split the large list into 4 parts and send one group per hour?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jsiebert
Level 5

Re: Using Random Sample with Request Campaign

@dhig23 You should always use 'Random Sample' in your backend - meaning you should use Random Sample in a separate campaign to add your leads to a list. You can then use 'Member of List' as a choice to request the campaign. This way you know exactly who is going at what time as well! 

Jack Siebert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jsiebert
Level 5

@dhig23 You should always use 'Random Sample' in your backend - meaning you should use Random Sample in a separate campaign to add your leads to a list. You can then use 'Member of List' as a choice to request the campaign. This way you know exactly who is going at what time as well! 

Jack Siebert
dhig23
Level 1

Got it. I'll split the contacts into 4 lists using Random Sample, and then run a separate program to send one list in per hour. Thanks @jsiebert !

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Random Sample should also only be used in choices of the same Flow step.