SOLVED

Re: Using multiple form conditions to determine thank you page - GDPR

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What do you mean by "bundle" exactly?

All Marketo forms are either 1.0 or 2.0. 2.0 is the default for anything after -- well, a long time ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I meant form editor 2.0. Unlike this picture shown here ​I do not have the option to open the 2.0 editor.

pastedImage_1.png so I can't do much code editing other than CSS

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Looks like you don't have permission to edit forms.  You'll need to ask the admin who manages your Marketo instance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

pastedImage_0.pngbut I was made an admin a few months ago, does that not include all parts of the application?

SanfordWhiteman

That's the way the New Form dialog is expected to look.  Are you saying you can't edit the form after this?

While custom JS behaviors go outside the Form Editor anyway (preferably in an external .js file) it's not practical for you to build this form entirely in JS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

what I want to know is where are you putting this code? Are you embedding between script tags on a landing page, or somewhere on the form editor? If on the form editor, can you show where.

thanks again for your help

SanfordWhiteman

Custom form JS depends on the forms2.min.js file being loaded first.

Hence, on a 3rd-party site, you'd load custom JS right after the standard form embed code. On a Marketo LP with a named mktoForm element, you'd put your custom JS right before the closing </body> tag (because Marketo LPs will insert the forms2.min.js wherever in the body the form appears).

Anonymous
Not applicable

ah okay, thank you for clarifying, and my apologies if it was obvious. There is one final thing I'm not quite getting.

I am using a Marketo landing page and have included the script to match and consolidate the fields I want. Once that is set up however, where can I actually set up the conditional redirect?

pastedImage_0.png

I can't do it on the form itself because that field isn't created until the form is submitted. (I don't have the option to type in a field that isn't already on the form)

SanfordWhiteman

You add the field to the form as a Hidden field in Form Editor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bringing this back because I have another question about embedding these forms on a non-marketo landing page (our wordpress site). I would like to be able to preserve the hidden-field auto-fill based on fields. How would one include the  MktoForms2.whenReady(function(form) function along with the embed code?