URL structure for Landing Pages, Forms, and Images & Files assets. On August 1 - What time does this go into affect?

shelliezollin
Level 2

URL structure for Landing Pages, Forms, and Images & Files assets. On August 1 - What time does this go into affect?

Marketo Engage made changes to the URL structure for Landing Pages, Forms, and Images & Files assets. On August 1, 2023 we will be deprecating usage of old URL structures and these references will no longer load on the web. 

Our team did not receive any emails or notices for this and are scrambling to get this done. Can someone let us know what TIME this goes into affect? Midnight or end of day? 

Thanks!

Shellie Z
4 REPLIES 4
torijeffers
Level 1

Re: URL structure for Landing Pages, Forms, and Images & Files assets. On August 1 - What time does this go into affect?

I don't think the actual time of the change has been announced, most communication about them just says "on August 1st". The two approaches they could take it flipping the switch at midnight or possibly doing a phased approach throughout the day. I would recommend assuming the worst-case scenario and that they will switch it over at midnight.

This should only affect assets that are older than 2021. If your team is looking for a starting point I would recommend looking at Emails sent in the last year and any currently live landing pages. Forms will be a little more difficult but you can likely focus on any still being used prior to 2021. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: URL structure for Landing Pages, Forms, and Images & Files assets. On August 1 - What time does this go into affect?

Forms will be a little more difficult but you can likely focus on any still being used prior to 2021. 

Forms that are currently available to the public that were created prior to 2021, yes. Note this pinned post.

shelliezollin
Level 2

Does anyone know why this wasn't formally announced? We didn't receive an email and it's not listed in the program with the latest release. 

Shellie Z
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It was formally announced! That's what this post discusses and all my admins also got an email. It’s not part of the release cycle because it’s been an ongoing project since 2021.