SOLVED

upload leads to Marketo without email

Go to solution
Teresa_Hsu1
Level 4

upload leads to Marketo without email

Is there any way to upload leads without email to Marketo?

They have phone numbers and I would like my inside sales team to call those leads.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: upload leads to Marketo without email

Although it's not recommended to import leads without an email address, it is possible. You can import those leads into a list or into a program with the "import members" feature. When you are on the field mapping page just "IGNORE" email address if it is found in your spreadsheet.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal

Although it's not recommended to import leads without an email address, it is possible. You can import those leads into a list or into a program with the "import members" feature. When you are on the field mapping page just "IGNORE" email address if it is found in your spreadsheet.

Jessica_Kao3

As long as you know this is a major cause of duplicates.  I would look into any of the many vendors that can fill and find email addresses for you. 

amoore
Level 1

My use case for this same question is slightly different...I want to upload an event attendee list that has FN, LN, and Company, but no email addresses. My objective is to "enrich" the list when the sync to SFDC happens, for those contacts that we already have an email address for in SFDC. Is this possible?

Ahmad Moore
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This isn’t 100% clear, but it sounds like you’re asking if you can add people to Marketo with minimal data, not including Email Address, and merge them with Salesforce records not yet in Marketo at the time of the import.

If so: No, you definitely cannot do this.

Marketo will never merge people automatically created in Marketo via the SFDC sync with records already in Marketo. Nor will syncing a new person in Marketo to SFDC “find” an approximate match in SFDC when you do Sync Person to SFDC.  

Third-party SFDC apps attempt (with partial success) to fdo these things, but it’s way out of the box.