SOLVED

Updating SmartCampaigns using REST API

Go to solution
dcreagh
Level 2

Updating SmartCampaigns using REST API

Hello,

I have 30 smart campaigns that I need to activate with a scheduled recurrence.  I see that those values are in the Update Smart Campaign API call, but I'm not sure I can edit those. I use the marketorestpython library (jepcastelein).

That library does not include the update call.

I'm hoping that I can update the campaign  and then activate it.

Thanks,

Dennis

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Updating SmartCampaigns using REST API

Hey @dcreagh,

The update smart campaign endpoint let's you update name and/or description of the smart campaign. There's a campaign schedule endpoint that let's you schedule the smart campaigns to run either immediately or at a future date. Do note that this is a only one time batch run and not the schedule recurrence, which is what I think you need and hence this may not be the correct endpoint you for you. I think the best way to set the campaigns as schedule recurring campaigns would be to manually do it via UI. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

As Darshil notes, that’s read-only via API.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hey @dcreagh,

The update smart campaign endpoint let's you update name and/or description of the smart campaign. There's a campaign schedule endpoint that let's you schedule the smart campaigns to run either immediately or at a future date. Do note that this is a only one time batch run and not the schedule recurrence, which is what I think you need and hence this may not be the correct endpoint you for you. I think the best way to set the campaigns as schedule recurring campaigns would be to manually do it via UI. 

Hope this helps.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

As Darshil notes, that’s read-only via API.