Re: UPDATE MCE Exam Study Materials PLEASE!

klhraboskyAMZ
Level 1

UPDATE MCE Exam Study Materials PLEASE!

I recently took the MCE exam, after taking the MCE prep course and studying pretty hard. During my prep, many times I took the 30 question online practice test on this site, plus the additional one given to us in the paid MCE course. Has the test undergone a recent revamp? Asking because the majority of questions served on my live test were nothing like the prep test questions AT ALL. I think its time for Marketo to revise the practice test materials they provide. This was a really bad experience, and now they will gladly take even more of my money as I retake the exam.

8 REPLIES 8
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi, I know the Adobe Certified Expert - Marketo Engage Business Practitioner exam is in the process of being updated, and the new version may be live this summer. Unfortunately I am not sure what is planned for the prep materials. You may want to contact Adobe Digital Learning Services.

Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Hi, a new exam version was released last week and there is a new exam guide and a practice test for it. You can find information and links to the materials on this page: https://spark.adobe.com/page/0QLflTQQAC8jd/

NancyLB
Level 1

I was also disappointed in the test. Even though I knew what information they were asking, I spent more time trying to decipher the question and not relying on my knowledge of Marketo. It was more about reading comprehension than skills.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Currently there are two versions of MCE being offered and you can choose which one to take. Did you take the old one https://spark.adobe.com/page/5mFIv2owp7cgi/ or the new one https://spark.adobe.com/page/MhtxDQkUfbjQI/

NancyLB
Level 1

I took the older exam, AD0-E552 Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner. I was renewing my credential. The last exam I took had some tricky questions. This one was a lot harder but I don't feel like tested my knowledge any better.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Both exams will currently actually renew your credentials. Although the approach in the new exam is slightly different, I have seen positive comments from people who have taken it.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

@Katja_Keesom wrote:

I have seen positive comments from people who have taken it.

I have taken it just two months back and I can subscribe to what Katja said. Sure, I can easily imagine a room full of Marketo experts yelling at each other about wording details in pretty much every question, but I guess that's the nature of the beast. Overall: Good job, you champions who advised on the exam!

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Hello @klhraboskyAMZ and @NancyLB 

Thanks for your feedback. I understand that it may be frustrating with there being two distinct exams for Marketo Certifications.

The Marketo Certification has officially moved to the Adobe Credential department and the new support email is Certif@adobe.com. We encourage members to reach out to this support alias for further help and clarification on any certification related inquiries.

Confirming @Beth_Massura and @Katja_Keesom's comments that there are currently 2 Marketo Certified Expert exams live:

• AD0-E552 is slated to retire on December 31, 2021. Once retired, there will not be a new prep course for the updated exam.
  • The newer Expert exam (ADO-E554) was created and launched in June 2021. Our exam guides outline the requirements and preparations needed for either exam. You can find more information via this exam card for the Marketo Expert Certification program: https://spark.adobe.com/page/0QLflTQQAC8jd/

Finally, while we recommend training to help with one’s overall knowledge in a product, it really is one’s hands-on experience that helps a candidate successfully pass their exam. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any additional questions.