Re: Update lead Field

MonikaN
Level 1

Update lead Field

Hello, hoping someone can help me with the right filter criteria.

Let's say I have 5 workspaces (which are basically our multiple Brand names). Now I would like to update the field called "Brand Name" whenever a lead gets created in a specific workspace. 

For example: A lead got created in "Chili" workspace through SFDC or API or may be any source type. The field "Brand Name" should be updated to "Chili". When a Lead got created in "Tomato" workspace then the brand name should be updated to "Tomato".  and so on.

Considering all the source types, What filters could be the best fit for this? What all I would need to consider before updating the right Brand name? 

Suppose If I use "person is created" and Form name (all the forms from a specific workspace). How about the source type? How come SFDC will know that this lead should flow to Chili workspace and The other should go to the Tomato workspace? What would be that one key word?

5 REPLIES 5
Christiane_Rode
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Just to get some clarification, do you have a partition set up for each of your brands in addition to your multiple workspaces?

More info on workspaces and partitions

MonikaN
Level 1

Hi, Yes. We do have partitions setup for each of your brands in addition to your multiple workspaces.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Well, if your workspaces are associated to partitions, any person that submits a form in a workspace is automatically associated with that partition. So you wouldn't need additional filters but could just run a Change Data Value on "Person Is Created" and update your brand name. Or you put Brand Name as a hidden field on any form and either put your Brand Name as the default value in that hidden field or use a folder token (if your forms are Marketo LPs in Marketing Activities).

How come SFDC will know that this lead should flow to Chili workspace and The other should go to the Tomato workspace? What would be that one key word?

That I don't really understand. Why does SFDC need to know what partition a person is in? 

Ruchi_Lapran1
Level 4

I think it refers to SFDC created lead and how Marketo will identify which partition that lead should be moved into.

In that scenario, the Brand field should be updated in SFDC already, and based on that partition assignment rules will automatically send the lead to the correct partition.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

To SFDC, the Marketo DB seems like a single DB irrespective of whether you have partitions or not. 

@MonikaN, Do you have assignment rules set up in your partitions section in the Admin? Or do you have campaigns set up in the default WS that can see the target partitions to which people should be routed? Also, are you using the lead field you're trying to update with the WS name?

Also, if you have 1-1 mapping of WS - Person Partition, why are you looking to update the lead field with the WS name? I mean, you can directly reference the Person Partition filter in the campaigns. Probably getting an idea about the exact business case that you're trying to address here by updating the field would give us more idea (and probably avoid getting into the XY problem, too).