Re: Update Fields with Data from Launchpoint partner's trigger

Manish_Khemani1
Level 3

Update Fields with Data from Launchpoint partner's trigger

Hello Marketo Experts,

Is there a way to update a Marketo field with data from a Launchpoint partner's trigger?

for e.g. trigger = "Fill out Linkedin Lead Gen form" passes with "Lead Gen Campaign Name" as a constraint. I need to update a Marketo field with the value that gets passed in "Lead Gen Campaign Name".

Was viewing a recent post - https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/use-marketo-custom-object-tokens-in-trigger-campai... which confirms that constraints/fields from CO & CA can be passed. Wondering if the same can be done for Launchpoint?

Any thoughts?

- Manish

2 REPLIES 2
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Manish, what are you trying to accomplish exactly?

We do something similar, we have a field called "Content Asset", and a matching program token. When someone fills out the LinkedIn form, there is a smart campaign in the Marketo program, and one of the flow steps is to update the "Content Asset" field with the value from the program token. We actually do the same thing for the Filled Out Form smart campaign, as well as the Content Syndication smart campaign.

So this doesn't pull it exactly from the LinkedIn form itself, but it's part of our gated content setup, and it's very quick to populate the program token when setting up the program, and works no matter how someone got to the content.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Manish_Khemani1
Level 3

Hi Amy,

Thanks, Yes, this is one way I could address the issue but I will need to set an appropriate program name /token for every program. 

Here, we have lots of Linkedin Lead Gen Form campaigns and with every form filled there is an activity logged for the person which is "Fill out Linkedin Lead Gen form" that passes with "Lead Gen Campaign Name" as a field (constraint) in it. I would want the value for this field dynamically update a custom field in Marketo.

- Manish

Tags (1)