Facebook Lead Ads (Instant Form) > Marketo > SFDC Sync Issue (Related to Country Value)

danieljd
Level 1

Facebook Lead Ads (Instant Form) > Marketo > SFDC Sync Issue (Related to Country Value)

Hi - I also have a case logged for this, but wondering if anyone else is experiencing the issue below: 

1. Country drop down in FB instant form is showing full country name
  2. Country payload call from FB to Marketo is pulling in abbreviated country name
  3. Lead unable to sync to SFDC because we need full country name

Any help here?

-Dan

1 REPLY 1
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Facebook Lead Ads (Instant Form) > Marketo > SFDC Sync Issue (Related to Country Value)

So, yes, Salesforce won't accept your lead if "Country = US". Nothing you can do about that, I guess.

I see two options:

1) You have a mapping Smart Campaign in your lead intake process that converts Country ISO codes to full Country Names. That of course needs to run before you insert (or update) to Salesforce.

2) You don't let FB write to "Country", but instead to "Country Temp" which I assume is also a field in your Salesforce. Leave Country empty when syncing, but just sync Country Temp and have Salesforce write the full name into Country. That is our setup. The mind set here is: Marketo controls "Country Temp" and Salesforce controls "Country". Marketo isn't even allowed to update "Country".