Re: Unbounce Integration Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford - any recommendations on landing page builders that do have good Marketo integration (along with pretty landing pages)?

Thx<
Colin

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hi Sanford - any recommendations on landing page builders that do have good Marketo integration (along with pretty landing pages)?

I don't know of any that really understand Marketo. But again, it's not a problem with Unbounce, you just have to integrate UB correctly (using the Marketo Forms endpoint, turning off their misguided/incomplete use of the Marketo REST API).

If you're already an Unbounce user I can walk you through the right way to integrate it. I still never pubbed that blog post on it. It's not hard or anything, just a bunch of screenshots that I never got around to cropping.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the offer. We will be making a decision shortly and I may take you up on that.

Thanks!

Colin

Peter_Martin1
Level 1

Sanford Whiteman​, we're considering licensing Unbounce, and I've been following this and some related threads to better understand what we'd actually be licensing and contending w/. If offer still stands, would love to understand how you'd suggest working around Unbounce's out-of-the-box Marketo integration shortcomings; in particular, what you mean by "using the Marketo Forms endpoint, turning off their misguided/incomplete use of the Marketo REST API" (per comment on Mar 14, 2018). Any chance you can help illuminate, either here or 1:1? Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman

Sure Peter, I can show you the setup. Takes 5m. Despite all the blog posts between then and now it's still not something that's in one place.

Peter_Martin1
Level 1

Appreciate it, Sanford. If you can send me an email (peter.martin@everestgrp.com) w/ a couple of suggested windows (dates and times) that work for you, I'll send you a Skype invite. Thanks again!

Alex_Firtl
Level 2

Hey Sanford Whiteman​ any chance you could spare some time to show me the integration as well? I think we're finding the limitations of using the Marketo integration from within Unbounce...

SanfordWhiteman

Sure, just hit me up.

I truly can't believe this isn't on my blog yet. It's shameful!

Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

Hi Sanford, we're evaluating unbounce as well. Could you share more details on your thoughts around the integration?

SanfordWhiteman

Could you share more details on your thoughts around the integration?

Well, it just doesn't work the way a Marketo user expects forms to operate.

UB is a fine platform that people have had a lot of success with, but this is a major shortcoming.

You can get a far superior experience by turning off the built-in "integration" and using a different method on the front end, which I've shown to Alex and a lot of others.