Issue Scenario: In case there are multiple Marketo instance, you are unable to login via new invite sent to your account. Upon clicking the URL you are prompt to enter password but error message prompts as password mismatched
Note: This Issue occurs only if you are trying to use same email id to login to multiple instance
1. Try to open the invited URL in a new browser post history & cache clean up
2. Use exactly same password like your primary instance.
3. Use forgot password option to reset password and authorize new device
Incase you still get similar issue again,
4. Delete / remove user from the primary account.
5. Use Marketo forgot password option to verify the email is not associated with any account / instance
6. Ask your admin to send a new invite from new instance
7. follow step 1
8. Use a brand new password
9. Once you log in to new instance, ask you admin to send account invite for other active instances too.
10. Use the password created in step 8 for subsequent 1st login.
For more information on Universal ID: Using a Universal ID for Subscription Login - Marketo Docs - Product Docs
Sounds to me you are overcomplicating matters. If your email address is already activated in one instance, you should always log in with the same password you have set up there. If you do that when logging in through an invitation link to a new instance, Marketo will join the two up automatically and you can switch from one instance to the next while logged in.
So the key advice is to always use the same password and your issue will not occur.
Agree with Katja here!
This feature is provisioned for users so they don't need to use and remember separate email aliases and passwords for accessing multiple Marketo instances.
Does this approach work if one of the instances uses Single Sign on and the other doesn't? I've been struggling with this and ended up creating a new login id for the other instance.
Nope, that won't work.