SOLVED

Do images & files count as landing pages?

Go to solution
rkecontentguru
Level 2

Do images & files count as landing pages?

I am inserting a cookie pop-up and cookie preference tracker on my Marketo landing pages to mirror our corporate site. The cookie provider we use (Cookiebot) charges by domain and number of sub-pages.

Our images and files use the same CNAME as our landing pages. Does anyone know if these assets hosted on Marketo would count as landing pages when Cookiebot scans the domain?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Do images & files count as landing pages?

Well, technically, those are the assets that could be embedded/linked in the marketing assets (LPs, emails, etc.), so they should not be counted as individual landing pages. Also, when people open up images or files via the publicly accessible URL in the browser, they would not be presented with the cookie message anyway. Hence, ideally, they should discount files/images from their count and only include the actual web pages on which they'd present the cookie pop-up. To be sure, I'd ask the cookie vendor how they count the number of assets to be charged for.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, technically, those are the assets that could be embedded/linked in the marketing assets (LPs, emails, etc.), so they should not be counted as individual landing pages. Also, when people open up images or files via the publicly accessible URL in the browser, they would not be presented with the cookie message anyway. Hence, ideally, they should discount files/images from their count and only include the actual web pages on which they'd present the cookie pop-up. To be sure, I'd ask the cookie vendor how they count the number of assets to be charged for.

rkecontentguru
Level 2

Hi Darshil, thanks for your response here! We had assumed the same as you - we will get in touch with the vendor and update here with feedback.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If they're charging based on the number of images, please find another vendor as this is absurd.